Annoying, but I'll bitch anyways!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying, but I'll bitch anyways!

WTF do cars have computers that can monitor everything under the sun, but when you get a low tire pressure warning, it can't say which fricken tire!

The dummy lite came on while driving, the digital display says LOW TIRE PRESSURE. Would it be that difficult to say RR right rear or LF Left Front, etc.).

I know, I know, check all 4 every month, which I usually do and keep them aired up, but it fricken cold today!

/done bitching

My 08' Impala told me which one, but my 10' F150 doesn't.

I have gotten two freaking flats in 4k miles though WTF?

Comment

My tahoe tells me. I can check pressure in all 4 tires from the comfort of the driver's seat anytime I want.

Sounds like you just suck

Comment

i think it's just ford's setup that doesn't say which...my wife's '10 f150 had a low tire warning, and i had to figure out which one it was because the read-out didn't tell me...my '08 z06 would tell me which tire it was.

Comment

GM stuff does tell you, but i don't think the fords do. I know VW doesn't either. The reason is that all of the cars have different ways to calculate low tire pressure and different intennas also. Some cars have 4(or 5 for the spare) antennas that read each sensor. Some just have one antenna that reads all of them for the correct frequency. Others don't have sensors in the wheels at all and work off the ABS wheel speed sensors and have to be reset/learned every time the air pressure is changed. This style works on a percentage of speed diferential from what it should be compared to the other wheels to what it actually is. I hope this makes sense.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Guess it is a Ford thing. Lyn's 07 Edge nor her 10 F-150 tell us which it is either. Stupid Ford!!!

it is the right rear, down to 26, others are all at 32 still.

Comment

Dodge doesn't indicate which tire is low either.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
                Others don't have sensors in the wheels at all and work off the ABS wheel speed sensors and have to be reset/learned every time the air pressure is changed. This style works on a percentage of speed diferential from what it should be compared to the other wheels to what it actually is. I hope this makes sense.
                LOL, so if you have 4 tires with 15 psi, the sensors won't recognize it?
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

The '10 Cobalt we had rented from Enterprise has tire pressure warnings for each specific tire. I couldn't believe they had that kind of stuff in such a crappy car.
                  --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Dodge doesn't indicate which tire is low either.
                    My moms Jeep Liberty shows how many psi is in each tire on the display.
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Now that I think about it, my BMW didn't say which tire either. Damn, Chevy is kicken everyones ass with this technology!

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                        My moms Jeep Liberty shows how many psi is in each tire on the display.
                        The '09 Dodge company truck we have doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                          LOL, so if you have 4 tires with 15 psi, the sensors won't recognize it?
                          yes.... it will because it knows what the wheels speed is supposed to be at a given speed/gear/rpm but IF you were to reset the system with them at 15psi then no. The system would think that is where is it supposed to be. On the other side of that though. If you have staggered wheel/tires with different diameter then this is a great system because it will relearn what they are supposed to be by the wheels speeds with the correct psi set, and if one goes low then it will notify you. If you were to put a set of tires on for the track it would kick a light, but you could reset the monitors and then it would go away. It will allow for a better range of wheel tire options.

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                            The '10 Cobalt we had rented from Enterprise has tire pressure warnings for each specific tire. I couldn't believe they had that kind of stuff in such a crappy car.
                            I think it is mandated now that they have to have them.

Comment

Whats gets me is the fuckers at discount think you need to rebuild them everytime tires are put on, my ride is an 09 and I fought them tooth an nail over it and won. its not like I had them change the sensors out to new rims.
                              89 mustang coupe at the house now ..... SOLD
                              97 F-250 HD crew cab shorty 4x4 overfueled for your pleasure ................

Comment

Working...
                              X