No announcement yet.

CLEAR Home Internet...Anybody have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLEAR Home Internet...Anybody have it?

I'm looking at switching to CLEAR from TWC due to them increasing my internet service rates.

Anybody have CLEAR home internet? What do you think about it? Thanks.

Had it, hated it, switched to TW.

Comment

We've had it since last summer and it's worked fine for us.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
        Had it, hated it, switched to TW.
        Why?

I've got TWC and I hate it. Dropped signal, slow speed during peak hours, etc. And...I hate all the Canadians I have to deal with when I call technical support.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          This.

Always up and running, never DL issues at all. And it's cheap.

I think my home phone and internet is ~$35/mo?

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            This.

Always up and running, never DL issues at all. And it's cheap.

I think my home phone and internet is ~$35/mo?

What cities in the Metroplex are you guys in?

Comment

Originally posted by Hicompression View Post
              Why?

I've got TWC and I hate it. Dropped signal, slow speed during peak hours, etc. And...I hate all the Canadians I have to deal with when I call technical support.
              Half of the advertised speeds, constant disconnects, it got to where I'd have to restart the modem if I went to a thread that had more than like 3 pictures to load. Shitty connection in the rain even, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                it got to where I'd have to restart the modem if I went to a thread that had more than like 3 pictures to load.
                Don't F with my DFWmoostang.net experience.

Comment

Frisco.

Comment

Had it for a month, was lied to about the coverage in our area by both the person that sold us the contract on the phone, then by the 'tech' that came to our house to measure the signal and deliver the modem. After three weeks of nearly daily bullshit on the phone because the signal was shit in our area, they finally told us that we didn't have service in our area, and said that they would refund our money. Never did refund it, and then attempted to charge our CC for the next 10 months, while trying to add late charges each and every month.

Worst customer service ever.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      Had it for a month, was lied to about the coverage in our area by both the person that sold us the contract on the phone, then by the 'tech' that came to our house to measure the signal and deliver the modem. After three weeks of nearly daily bullshit on the phone because the signal was shit in our area, they finally told us that we didn't have service in our area, and said that they would refund our money. Never did refund it, and then attempted to charge our CC for the next 10 months, while trying to add late charges each and every month.

Worst customer service ever.

Stevo
                      We went online to cancel our service, cancelled it, then they tried to bill us for the next month, then tried to say we didn't cancel our account online, and that it wasn't possible. :|

Needless to say, we called the bank and stopped payment to them and got our money back.

Comment

GP

Comment

We had to go through the bank to get them to stop trying to charge our cc monthly. Even though they had someone deliver the hardware to our house, we were not allowed to speak to anyone local about our issues, or to even return the crap, had to speak to someone in Bumfuck on the phone each time, and had to mail the shit back to them at our expense.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I own both my home and USB modems.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                              We had to go through the bank to get them to stop trying to charge our cc monthly. Even though they had someone deliver the hardware to our house, we were not allowed to speak to anyone local about our issues, or to even return the crap, had to speak to someone in Bumfuck on the phone each time, and had to mail the shit back to them at our expense.

Stevo
                              We bought ours, I think the piece of shit is still on the window sill....yep still there, just checked, who wants it?

Comment

Working...
                              X