Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Shed hook up? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shed hook up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
    build one? i helped my dad build his and it was pretty straight forward
    Considering that as an option. If I build one I can make it how I want it.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
      Come look at how the one I have is built.. It looks pretty simple.

Comment

Also, a shed under 100 sq ft is usually exempt from permit.

You can build it as heavy as you want.

Comment

I bought a 10x16 from Lelands. It was about 3k, if I remember correctly. It's wooden with a "tin roof" and it has 2 windows, window boxes, shutters and double doors.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
            I bought a 10x16 from Lelands. It was about 3k, if I remember correctly. It's wooden with a "tin roof" and it has 2 windows, window boxes, shutters and double doors.
            $3k?? Sounds like about $800 in materials max!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              After looking at the ones from Lowes for around the same price I decided it was well worth it.

I got this one, but my roof is a galvanized color.
              Need Some SPACE ? DESIGN NOW DEFENDER SERIES 8″ Heavy Duty Hinges – 3/4″ Plywood Floor – Radiant Barrier Roof – Moisture Floor Barrier – 2’x6′ Floor Base –  10-Year Warranty Hurricane Clips – Exterior Design Options – Usage Packages Available Chalet Shed Cabinette Shed Cottage Shed Studio Shed Lofted Barn Shed Utility Shed Lofted Barn Shed […]

I bought this and a patio type thing from them and so far so good. The customer service side of things was rocky at first on the completion, but upon threatening to cancel a check and go to their competitor it was handled promptly. I can see if you rent to own the customer service being a pain, but I don't have to deal with them unless it's warranty related so I'm content.

Comment

I am looking at a Tuffshed barn style 12'x20'. No permit needed. HOA already approved. Just need to pony up the $5,000. ALL my yard, and excess car building stuff is going in there. Storage / small workshop.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                  After looking at the ones from Lowes for around the same price I decided it was well worth it.

I got this one, but my roof is a galvanized color.
                  Need Some SPACE ? DESIGN NOW DEFENDER SERIES 8″ Heavy Duty Hinges – 3/4″ Plywood Floor – Radiant Barrier Roof – Moisture Floor Barrier – 2’x6′ Floor Base –  10-Year Warranty Hurricane Clips – Exterior Design Options – Usage Packages Available Chalet Shed Cabinette Shed Cottage Shed Studio Shed Lofted Barn Shed Utility Shed Lofted Barn Shed […]

I bought this and a patio type thing from them and so far so good. The customer service side of things was rocky at first on the completion, but upon threatening to cancel a check and go to their competitor it was handled promptly. I can see if you rent to own the customer service being a pain, but I don't have to deal with them unless it's warranty related so I'm content.
                  Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you overpaid for a prepackaged installed kit.. Just saying that they are ridiculously overpriced in general.

Comment

I'm thinking that I might just build one. My mom has been working at home Depot so I can probably get the materials pretty cheap.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

I'm thinking that I might just build one. My mom has been working at home Depot so I can probably get the materials pretty cheap.
                      I have built two of them.

I build them like it's the last one I'll ever need. I think it would be easier breaking into my home than my shed. The door frame on my shed is made with pressure treated 4x6 lumbers with the top cross member being two pressure treated 2x4s.

I have 5 heavy duty hinges on each side of each door.

I have pressure treated 2x4s on 12 inch centers and for the roof I used pressure treated 2x6s on 12 inch centers hung with hurricane hangers. I used 3/4" decking for the roof.

There isn't a single nail (except for the shingles) in my shed. All pressure treated wood screws.

If a tornado picked up my shed, I'm pretty sure it would land intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Exactly ......
                        07 GT500
                        05 SRT10
                        88 turbocoupe T-bird
                        93 Cobra
                        86 coupe
                        Ducati 848

Comment

I tried finding the info for the guy I used back in 2007 who built my 8 x 10 for $800 but I cannot find it. There are some people around the will come out and build it on site for a descent price. Your just gonna have to search them out.

My brother found that one on Craigslist and did a badass job so I used him as well. Might try a search there as well.

Comment

New: Arrow Buildings 10ft Mid Gable Shed w/ Frame for $300 + pickup at Sears
                            Sears offers the Arrow Buildings 10x10-Foot Mid Gable Storage Building (pictured), model no. SR1010, bundled with an Arrow Buildings 8x8-Foot Universal Floor Frame for Storage Buildings, model no. FB109, for $299.99. (Add both to cart to see this price). Choose free in-store pickup to avoid the $69.99 shipping charge. That's tied with our mention from a week ago as the lowest total price we could find for this bundle. The storage building is made of 100% galvanized steel.

Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

This is my one man shed job. It was built in 2007.

There are 5 heavy duty hinges on each door.

Here's the pressure treated 4x6 I used for the door jamb.
                              Also, the flooring, doors, and roof decking are all 3/4 inch thick (I can't remember the name, but the stuff was like $65 a sheet).

Not bad for 6 years old.

Comment

That building that Leah is referring to is $279 at Lowes today. For $600 they have a decent 8x8' wood kit. My sister emailed me today asking about the rubbermaid ones and for the price, I think Im just going to build one for her. I added up about $400 for an 8x8 wood framed one with a wood floor on 2x6" pressure treated base.

Comment

Working...
                                X