I think I am about to go buy a new Subaru STI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I am about to go buy a new Subaru STI

Am I dumb? When I went Soobie shopping last year, I had an STI in my possession and ready to do the deal, but then at the last minute I found out that I wouldnt get a car allowance for several months at my job, so I bailed on the deal.

Then when the car allowance kicked in, I couldnt find an STI anywhere except Oregon, in the color I wanted. So, I got a WRX - and the only trim available was the Limited - fully decked out. 36,xxx out the door..

I paid 10 grand down, and I got the best interest rate that could be had. I also bought extended warranty since I knew I would rag on it a little.

The car now has 12K miles on it, and the new STi s are out, and I DIG 'em

It so happens that a Phoenix Soobie dealer has a customer looking for a 5 Door model in the color scheme that I have. SO....... I have just a bit of bargaining power, because this sales guy has a chance to sell 2 cars. Mine from the trade in, and one of the STi s sitting on the lot.

I just gotta work him perfectly so I get max trade in on my car. I was going to reward myself with one if I had gotten this local job I applied for, but I didnt get the job, so no reward.

But then I got to thinking about it..... I still have my job that pays me a car allowance and about an extra 2 grand a month in pocketable, tax free per diem that I would have given up with the new job that I didnt get.

So, I can soothe my sorrows over not getting the job and getting to live at home by having a fun new toy to play with instead.

I can afford it more so now because I have the car allowance and lodging / meal per diem.

The salesman has incentive to recieve my car as a trade in because he can sell it tomorrow.

He has incentive to work with me a little on the numbers on the STi, because he could sell it to me tomorrow.

The more I drive my current WRX, the less trade in value it has.

Is today the day to go buy a new STi?

Hurry because my appointment is in 30 minutes, LOL

Buy

Comment

I admit I am not a pro at recognizing how the trade in works. How do I know that aI am getting absolutely the most trade in for my car?

Should I demand that figure first?

Comment

Looks like a Celica to me?

edit: Yes you need to know how much you're getting for the trade and how much the new car will cost you.

They'll probably try to merge all the numbers together and try to screw you. Keep it simple and understand the values...

I wouldn't move on anything until I had numbers for each.

Also, what about customer loyalty program? Since you're trading in your Subaru for a new one...
        Last edited by Skidmark; 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
          Buy
          What he said. You deserve it!!!

Comment

JUST WORK IT OUT MAN. iF IT ALL LOOKS GOOD THEN GO FOR IT.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

scooby

Comment

Doiiiiiiiiiiit
                WRX

Comment

They're about to change body styles again...

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                    They're about to change body styles again...
                    buy a mustang! you got 10 years before it gets ugly again

Comment

Scoobies are bitchin. They are really popular up here too. If I didnt want a truck, I would get an STi. Ive had some fun already in the snow with my 4Runner, I cant imagine the shit I could do in one of those in the snow. Theres plenty of open road and space.

Comment

So did u end up getting it
                        99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                        going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          Scoobies are bitchin. They are really popular up here too. If I didnt want a truck, I would get an STi. Ive had some fun already in the snow with my 4Runner, I cant imagine the shit I could do in one of those in the snow. Theres plenty of open road and space.
                          you could roll one

Comment

Fucking pull the trigger already! You talked about buying one of these a year ago

Comment

Last edited by 93LXHORSE; 01-13-2011, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X