Questions for Leah and anyone in Little Elm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Leah and anyone in Little Elm

I'm looking for info on Little Elm schools. We're thinking of moving in that area and we're not sure how the schools are? Leah, you seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about school rankings so if you have any info, we'd appreciate it. Our kids are 6 and 9 so we talking elementary all the way through HS. Our main concern is the diversity and we're comparing it to Arlington ISD where we currently are...specifically Starrett, Barnet and Bowie where the minority is the majority.

Anyone else live in Little Elm?

We're trying to find something we like that is in the Frisco ISD but so far no luck.

Cliff Notes: Is it Ghetto? Where does it rank compared to Grand Prairie and Arlington ISD?

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    I'm looking for info on Little Elm schools. We're thinking of moving in that area and we're not sure how the schools are? Leah, you seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about school rankings so if you have any info, we'd appreciate it. Our kids are 6 and 9 so we talking elementary all the way through HS. Our main concern is the diversity and we're comparing it to Arlington ISD where we currently are...specifically Starrett, Barnet and Bowie where the minority is the majority.

Anyone else live in Little Elm?

We're trying to find something we like that is in the Frisco ISD but so far no luck.

Cliff Notes: Is it Ghetto? Where does it rank compared to Grand Prairie and Arlington ISD?
    Anything is better than Bowie. I don't know about Little Elm, but look on greatschools.com or whatever that one is that parents rate and review schools.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Keep looking, a large portion of Little Elm is FISD. And when I lived there, the minority was the majority. My neighborhood was right across from the new high school, and we had lots of issues with hoodlums on the neighborhood basketball court and HOA swimming pool. I wouldn't want to send my kid to school there.

Comment

thanks for the info you two. greatschools.org had some good info, the reviews were a little old but not too bad.

they also use CSCOPE

Comment

Lea doesn't live in Little Elm.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

i dont know about them directly but the one person i know out there plans to move when his kid starts school because frisco is so much better
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Avoid Little Elm schools. They are horrible.... also Lewisville ISD is on par with them for the same areas.

Frisco ISD is far better than the others slightly West.

Comment

Lived in sunset point little elm address. Part of the subdivision was Frisch ISD the other part was LEISD. Went to sell and Realtor said be happy in FISD as that is what sells ..... Sure enough buyer only wanted FISD
                sigpic
                08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                  Lea doesn't live in Little Elm.
                  I know but she seems to know details about ISD's that most parents probably don't...at least that's the impression I had.

I think we're going to keep looking... It was just difficult to grasp how it could be so bad when it's a neighborhood with houses that are in the $260k range.

There's a subdivision in that area that's FISD so we plan to check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                    Anything is better than Bowie.
                    Watch out now!

Sam Houston is a lot worse than Bowie.

Go Vols!

Comment

I know but she seems to know details about ISD's that most parents probably don't...at least that's the impression I had.

I think we're going to keep looking... It was just difficult to grasp how it could be so bad when it's a neighborhood with houses that are in the $260k range.There's a subdivision in that area that's FISD so we plan to check that out.
                      uh oh, better not tell Mr Choo$$ CHoo$$..
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        uh oh, better not tell Mr Choo$$ CHoo$$..
                        LMAO! Hey, I'm just comparing it to the subdivision I currently live in...this one would've been about double in value so I figured it would have weeded out a lot of the riff raff that GP has been drawing in the past few years.

Comment

LMAO! Hey, I'm just comparing it to the subdivision I currently live in...this one would've been about double in value so I figured it would have weeded out a lot of the riff raff that GP has been drawing in the past few years.
                          I think that used to be more true than it is today. Social/economic status doesnt seem to be the divide anymore with youth, a higher percentage qualify as rif raff.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            Watch out now!

Sam Houston is a lot worse than Bowie.

Go Vols!
                            Haha-that's the truth!

Just because there are houses in the $260's, doesn't mean they are all in the 260's.
                            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                            X