Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats everyone's vacation plans this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats everyone's vacation plans this summer?

So where is everyone going this summer?

We are brainstorming our trip right now and are all over the map, literally. Late June into July, 8 day trip but have to be out of the US. Our flights leaving DFW have to be in the afternoon after at least 1p and has proven to be a small hitch unless we want a stupid 8+ hour travel time or next day arrival. We are trying to keep travel time below 6hrs.

Canada - Niagra Falls
    Canada by train - but fuck balls it is expensive for prebuilt package
    Bahamas
    Cozumel - too easy but wife is worried about 8 month old baby girl
    Cabo

Even looked at Costa Rica and Caymans
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Pffffffft... Traveling somewhere for vacation. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Pffffffft... Traveling somewhere for vacation. LOL
      Guam is a US territory and doesn't count as being out of the US, does it?

I would gladly stay at home for 2 weeks instead of a 8 day fly/out same day and then turn around and leave DFW the day after the trip is over. But you know the drill. Get out of the US for tax reasons and I spent 24 days in the US within the first 2 months of my contract (tax year) start date.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Guam is a US territory and doesn't count as being out of the US, does it?

I would gladly stay at home for 2 weeks instead of a 8 day fly/out same day and then turn around and leave DFW the day after the trip is over. But you know the drill. Get out of the US for tax reasons and I spent 24 days in the US within the first 2 months of my contract (tax year) start date.
        Ya, I'm just giving you grief. BTW, Guam is considered oconus and exempt from the 673 tax specifications.

Comment

We only get 2 weeks a year, so I don't have to worry about breaking the 330 rule. With my whining out of the way, I would like to go to Costa Rica and do about 4-5 days of riding a KTM dirt bike up in the mountains.

Comment

Keith is looking for a more pedicure-friendly setting.

Comment

lol... what about Northern South America? I am trying to look up how long the flights are from DFW to South America, but our internet is so damn slow.

Comment

7hr non-stop flight to Lima, Peru. I guess a visit to Machu Picchu isn't very pedicure-friendly either.

Comment

Taking my son deep sea fishing during his mid-tour leave from S. Korea.

Now for the end of the year, doing the Cabo thing in December. Absolutely love Cabo, and if you've never been, highly recommend it.

Comment

Just got back from 10 days in Italy, I am sure I will take some more vacation in the US this year but already got the big one out of the way.

Comment

Going to DC for a week.

Comment

Flying to San Diego and spend some time with friends riding, going to the beach, looking at old stomping grounds, doing the Universal Studios and Lego Land thing. Then driving up the coast to San Fran and doing Alkatraz, visiting the coordinance where I scattered my dad's ashes and seeing some family. That's at least on the table.

Comment

Bermuda next weekend if some scheduling and background issues work out.

Comment

I'm of the type that likes staying stateside, I feel there is more than enough to see in the US to keep me busy for a while.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

4 days of tent camping, fly fishing, horseback riding, and whitewater rafting at a secluded location in the mountains North of Crested Butte, CO, followed by 3 days in a cabin on some private land near Lake City, CO, ending the trip with a wine, food, and music festival there in Lake City. All in late September when the leaves are changing colors and the weather's getting cool again.

Keep your beaches!

Comment

Working...
                              X