No announcement yet.

PSA: We are racing this weekend near DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got two drums of bad gas, so yesterday ducked trying to figure that out and get the cars on the track. The fairmont should be top ten right now and doing well. The miata was down for several hours yesterday.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

What were the lap times and what track configuration did they end up with?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        What were the lap times and what track configuration did they end up with?
        normal long track, ran a best time of 2:14, most were ~2:17s in the fairmont.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Kids and I had a good time. Baron were you wearing the black or blue race suit?

Seemed like you were making steady passes on the long straight away, but I saw at least 3 times you were going to make a break away and they threw the caution flag up so you had to back off.

I'll know next time to bring some camping chairs. Lots of people around me were drinking beer on the down low with coozies and such.

We were going to come say hi, but I didn't see the brown car anywhere on our way out and the kids were getting restless.
          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
            Kids and I had a good time. Baron were you wearing the black or blue race suit?

Seemed like you were making steady passes on the long straight away, but I saw at least 3 times you were going to make a break away and they threw the caution flag up so you had to back off.

I'll know next time to bring some camping chairs. Lots of people around me were drinking beer on the down low with coozies and such.

We were going to come say hi, but I didn't see the brown car anywhere on our way out and the kids were getting restless.
            My suit is black pants with a black on grey/silver jacket. If you were there saturday I didnt get a chance to drive since the Miata was down and I was trying to get it back on the track. Sunday I drove the first and last stint.

Comment

What kind of brake package are you running? 13" Cobra/Mach 1 stuff? That track is pretty hard on brakes! How much does the Mont weigh w/fuel + driver?

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                What kind of brake package are you running? 13" Cobra/Mach 1 stuff? That track is pretty hard on brakes! How much does the Mont weigh w/fuel + driver?
                Cobra 13' front, Gt rear, carbotech rp2 front and xp8 rear, mm manual brake pedal and 93 cobra master. It works very well, but you can still overcook them if you try hard enough.

We dont really know the exact number on the car, based on what the wagon that was running was, id say somewhere around 2800. They had a 302 to our 32v mark viii that is all aluminum, but otherwise we were pretty similar.

Comment

Working...
                X