Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Hanneman of slayer...dead.

Damnit.

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.

Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)

A buddy of mine lives a few house down from Kerry King, I'll buy him a beer next time I'm out there for his loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      A buddy of mine lives a few house down from Kerry King, I'll buy him a beer next time I'm out there for his loss.
      Ask to see his snake collection.

Comment

This really sucks.

Comment

that's awful! going to watch war at warfield in remembrance.

Comment

That really blows, Slayer is and has been one of my fav bands for 25 years.
            I'm wondering if the liver failure was a result of that spider bite a few years ago, i know that almost killed him and he's been recovering ever since.

Comment

So now it's just the Tom and Kerry show. Sucks. I always preferred Hanneman's solos and lyrics over King's.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

that fuckin sux! god hates us all. see you south of heaven brother.
                The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                  So now it's just the Tom and Kerry show. Sucks. I always preferred Hanneman's solos and lyrics over King's.
                  Not to mention Kerry has been shitting on him in the media lately and hired Gary Holt to replace him recently. What a shit show, no Dave and no Jeff to me equals no more Slayer....

Comment

Dave does need to come back. As far as jeff being replaced, the only reason I know of him not playing with the band was due to the previously mentioned spider bite that almost killed him, he didn't play while he recovered from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                      Dave does need to come back. As far as jeff being replaced, the only reason I know of him not playing with the band was due to the previously mentioned spider bite that almost killed him, he didn't play while he recovered from that.
                      Man, if I was in Dave's position, I don't know if I would come back. Granted, we only know Dave's side of the story and don't know Kerry's side, but if what Dave is saying is true I would just tell Kerry to stick it. If I didn't get paid for almost a full years of work there is no way in hell I would come back to work for/with the same people.

Comment

This was the shit.. And if you disagree, you're just wrong..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lodCjSNaMI[/ame]

Comment

I miss Headbangers Ball circa 1990..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuc6Ks9DTIo[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I miss Headbangers Ball circa 1990..
                            Good times.

Comment

They were playing some Slayer on my drive in this morning, and after hearing it, I'm not sure I had ever heard a Slayer song before in my life.

RIP.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X