Student tells teacher to stop the laziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    My class had over 1000 graduate I think. It has been a while.
    what year?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

My graduating class was about 53.. And K-12 was on the same campus (separate buildings for k-6 and 7-12).

I was in CA up through 9th grade, and was in the big ass schools.. The graduating class at the high school I went to before moving to WA was over 1,000.

Comment

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          My graduating class was about 53.. And K-12 was on the same campus (separate buildings for k-6 and 7-12).

I was in CA up through 9th grade, and was in the big ass schools.. The graduating class at the high school I went to before moving to WA was over 1,000.
          Was your bus a little shorter then the others?
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I have family and friends that are with Duncanville ISD. Some know and work directly with this teacher and says the kid is spot-on about her. Not approving of his delivery, but understands why he did what he did.

SERIOUS problems with the whole public education system, mostly with the poor excuse for teachers.

Comment

Was your bus a little shorter then the others?
              Haha, If I remember right they only had like 3 - 4 buses for the whole school, and the same start and end times for all, so the buses were also K-12. I only lived about a mile or so from school (up the hill), and I was one of the first stops. Because of that I walked to school any day the weather permitted since I could sleep in an extra 45 minutes.

Most days that I walked, my neighbor, who daily drove a 58 convertible Vette, would pick me up at some point enroute and give me a ride the rest of the way. That was sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                I have family and friends that are with Duncanville ISD. Some know and work directly with this teacher and says the kid is spot-on about her. Not approving of his delivery, but understands why he did what he did.

SERIOUS problems with the whole public education system, mostly with the poor excuse for teachers.
                Just saw a news blurb that said the teacher is on paid administrative leave while the district investigates the situation. They have also confirmed the student would not be punished in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  It wasn't like that at my school our stuff got taken up.
                  i work IT for a school, we even provide wifi access to students who want to use their devices and next year will provide a way to print from some of these devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    In the TV interview they mentioned that he had dropped out after 9th grade, and recently decided to go back to finish. That, according to him, is why he is even more interested in getting a good education.

I at least give him props for manning up and going back. Especially for not just trying to GED his way out.

In the classroom, in the heat of the moment, probably wasn't the right way to handle this though.
                    where i work there is an accelerated "online class" that students come into the school and go to a computer lab to do. the class is" at your own pace "and the students who are in it are using it just to get an easy way out..... i applaud this kid for being in a real classroom with his classmates.

the accelerated class is a horrible deal and if i am in a place to hire people, i will never hire one of these kids if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
                      where i work there is an accelerated "online class" that students come into the school and go to a computer lab to do. the class is" at your own pace "and the students who are in it are using it just to get an easy way out..... i applaud this kid for being in a real classroom with his classmates.

the accelerated class is a horrible deal and if i am in a place to hire people, i will never hire one of these kids if possible.
                      Duncanville begged me to go to pace, thier accelerated program, due to my family/home situation. I don't think it is bad thing, I just didn't have a need to be on my own any earlier than I had to. It would have allowed me to be done a year and a half earlier, but I wouldn't be able to rent an apartment or otherwise be independent, even though I essentially was emancipated by my junior year.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Duncanville begged me to go to pace, thier accelerated program, due to my family/home situation. I don't think it is bad thing, I just didn't have a need to be on my own any earlier than I had to. It would have allowed me to be done a year and a half earlier, but I wouldn't be able to rent an apartment or otherwise be independent, even though I essentially was emancipated by my junior year.
                        out of 60-125 kids that do it here there are probably 10 that need it and show up to do their work.

Comment

I'd have to dig thru boxes in the attic to know for sure how many were in my class in 91' but I wanna say it was AROUND 900.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            most still prohibit cell phones.
                            Not around here.. Hell, they encourage you to use your cell phone to look things up in class. As long as you aren't being disruptive, it's not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X