Matt Kemp Gives Fan Hat, Shoes and Jersey After Dodgers-Giants Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Kemp Gives Fan Hat, Shoes and Jersey After Dodgers-Giants Game

Was going to put this in the Sports forum but it really isn't a sports discussion:

Very cool gesture..

Video on link:

Los Angeles Dodgers superstar Matt Kemp inspired several smiles following a recent loss to the San Francisco Giants at AT&T Park.

After the game on Sunday, Kemp gave one fan an incredible experience when he greeted him at his seat, signed a baseball for him and spontaneously handed over his hat, shoes, and game-worn jersey as souvenirs.

According to the Associated Press, the fan's name is Josh and he's battling cancer. Kemp addressed the incredible gesture before Tuesday night's game against the Diamondbacks.

"Wally told me that there was a big Dodger fan at the game and that he didn't have a long time to live — not longer than a month and a half," said Kemp, via the Associated Press. "So after the game, I just decided to go meet him. He couldn't talk because I guess his speech was gone. When I said 'Hi' to him, he just looked at me in shock. It almost got me."

he even went out there even though he was the last out of the game. seems like a pretty stand up guy.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Damned allergies.

VERY cool thing of him to do. Way to make that kid's last days on Earth very happy one.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Pretty damn cool.
        WRX

Comment

After seeing the brawl earlier this year, I thought he was just a douchebag that can't fight. Maybe I'm only half right!
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Props.

Comment

VERY cool!

Comment

damn. much respect.

Comment

what no matching pants? take 'em off

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    what no matching pants? take 'em off
                    Haha, I was thinking of that too.. Just needed the pants for the complete uniform.. Though I suspect that if he pulled them off there headline would be different:

Matt Kemp Exposes Himself to Terminally Ill Fan

Comment

haha yea! oh well good on him for doing that

Comment

Saw that this morning, cool shit!
                        Props!!

Comment

I love it when players reach out like that. My heart goes out to victims of diseases and cancer. An unfair part of life, to be robbed by.

Comment

Very touching.

I was at my first Allen Americans game last year. There was a down syndrome kid about 2 rows up and Bootland banged on the glass to grab his attention and chucked a puck to him. Made that boy's day and then he hassled some kids along the glass.

Athletes don't have to be self centered asshole, there is much more respect and fans from acts of kindness.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                            X