Craigslist scammers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist scammers

Has anyone ever noticed that some of your craigslist ads have a ton of scammers with the whole overseas/paypal texts and other ads don't get any of that?

Does anyone have any insight on why some do and some don't?
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

I've never ran into that, I can see If its bs from the add.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Quit fappin.
      ./ ____ _ _\.
      (]]]_ o _[[[)
      \o_FORD_o/
      |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
        Has anyone ever noticed that some of your craigslist ads have a ton of scammers with the whole overseas/paypal texts and other ads don't get any of that?

Does anyone have any insight on why some do and some don't?
        I'm guessing it is based on keywords to focus on certain types of ads. I think the only time I got the spam was when selling a vehicle there. No such spam on non car related ads.

Just speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          I've never ran into that, I can see If its bs from the add.
          I think he means responses to his ads.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            I'm guessing it is based on keywords to focus on certain types of ads. I think the only time I got the spam was when selling a vehicle there. No such spam on non car related ads.

Just speculating.
            I was thinking the same thing about vehicles except that I am currently selling a street bike and truck. The truck is getting 0 scammers. The motorcycle is a new one every 30 minutes.

I think it has more to do with keywords like you suggested. They make it so obvious....you would think they would try a little harder.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

If I put my phone # in the ad I try to make it as hard to pick up by a spam bot as possible. It blows my mind that people still fall for that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                I was thinking the same thing about vehicles except that I am currently selling a street bike and truck. The truck is getting 0 scammers. The motorcycle is a new one every 30 minutes.

I think it has more to do with keywords like you suggested. They make it so obvious....you would think they would try a little harder.
                Yeah, of the ones I have gotten over the years, all were very clearly spam.. I can't believe anyone falls for that shit.

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                If I put my phone # in the ad I try to make it as hard to pick up by a spam bot as possible. It blows my mind that people still fall for that shit.
                I never have, and never will put my phone number in a Craigslist ad. I hate using the phone too much. They can email me.

Comment

Working...
                X