No announcement yet.

Anyone have a Subaru mechanic hook-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Subaru mechanic hook-up?

A buddy of mine has a bone stock 2002 Outback and it's having some mechanical issues. He needs someone to diagnose the problem(s) and give him an estimate so he can decide whether it's worth repairing or just sell it and get something else.

Y'all know of anyone?

TYIA

I do, in Colorado.

Comment

contact geor on the board. he has/had a wrx. not sure if he still does since i havent seen him in about 2yrs.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

We have done a couple Subaru engine R&Rs at the shop and many other smaller repairs. Whats it doing
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Depending on what it's doing it's almost guaranteed that engine repairs are going to be more than that vehicle is worth.

Comment

Screwed Up Beyond All Repair Usually. I wanted another wrx, but the saying is true. Although, my car now is a royal pain more times than not.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
              We have done a couple Subaru engine R&Rs at the shop and many other smaller repairs. Whats it doing
              He's not a car guy, so his explanation of what happened might not be totally accurate. He said he was accelerating normally (not WFO) and at about 10-20 MPH he heard a big *THUD* that he said sounded like the tranny had gone out. At the same time, his tach (and possibly other gauges) went dead and he said some lights on the dash came on for a second. He pulled over and got out to see what was up and couldn't see anything wrong and it wasn't smoking or anything. He was only a couple of miles from home, so he drove home real slow and parked it. He started it up later that day and went about 2 miles in it and he said it just didn't feel right. I asked him a bunch of questions, but since he's not a car guy, his answers weren't really helpful.

Any ideas/suggestions? Again, it's a 2002 and he doesn't want spend a bunch of money on it if it makes more economical sense to get a new car.

Comment

If he can get another car I'd just go get one.

Comment

My buddy at work takes his Saab/Subie to this place and highly recommends them. http://www.awdtuning.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                    He's not a car guy, so his explanation of what happened might not be totally accurate. He said he was accelerating normally (not WFO) and at about 10-20 MPH he heard a big *THUD* that he said sounded like the tranny had gone out. At the same time, his tach (and possibly other gauges) went dead and he said some lights on the dash came on for a second. He pulled over and got out to see what was up and couldn't see anything wrong and it wasn't smoking or anything. He was only a couple of miles from home, so he drove home real slow and parked it. He started it up later that day and went about 2 miles in it and he said it just didn't feel right. I asked him a bunch of questions, but since he's not a car guy, his answers weren't really helpful.

Any ideas/suggestions? Again, it's a 2002 and he doesn't want spend a bunch of money on it if it makes more economical sense to get a new car.
                    If you hear a loud thud, and gauges stop working and lights come on, and it's a 2002....it's time for a new car.

Comment

Working...
                    X