Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother in law's Jeep Wrangler JK goes in for consuming 1qt of oil every 1k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother in law's Jeep Wrangler JK goes in for consuming 1qt of oil every 1k miles

Ended up replacing the motor @ 40k miles. You guys be the judge of what the problem is.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

3.6? or 3.8???

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Jeep.

lol

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        3.6? or 3.8???

god bless.
        2010 so a 3.8L
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm gonna go on record and say that I miss the 4.0L.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            I'm gonna go on record and say that I miss the 4.0L.
            me too

i love my JK but they should have NEVER fucked with the straight 6
            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
            Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
              me too

i love my JK but they should have NEVER fucked with the straight 6
              Emissions, same thing that happened to the 7.3L.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                You guys be the judge of what the problem is.
                What is, Someone let the woman out of the kitchen, alex?

Comment

Time for a Hemi conversion!
                  '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                  '13 Dodge Cummins
                  '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    What is, Someone let the woman out of the kitchen, alex?
                    Haha, Honestly - I don't really know what the issue is. Since it's every cylinder and the tech determined it was the engine and not an intake leak, I would assume bad rings.

Comment

It's because it's white, isn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        It's because it's white, isn't it!
                        yes.

Comment

Our '10 doesn't use oil, but it has always had a spark knock that only I can hear, apparently.

That 3.8l motor sucks donkey balls.

Comment

She probably drove it like a little old lady and never properly seated the rings
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              She probably drove it like a little old lady and never properly seated the rings
                              didnt get it up to operating temp often, making short drives?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X