Will there be another recession?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
    I doubt it, the average is 12K per year, so if they get 10 MPG, then they would use 100 gallons, but most don't get that bad.

How much does the average a american drive each month?

the average american drives around 12,000 miles a year or 1,000 miles a month

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_d...#ixzz1B1BwZSkG
    Texas average is more like 20k a year or more....times 2 for most households. Throw in a kid or two of driving age or in college and the family gas bill goes up signficantly. Put a 25% increase on the price of diesel and watch the cost of goods on ANY shelf to go up nearly the same amount due to transportation cost increases. then figure in the cost for plastics that use oil as a base or for manufacturing it and those prices go up.

Anyone who imagines that a 25% increase in the cost of ANYTHING is no big deal is a fucking moron! Add in the fact we ARE in a depression even though the Media preaches otherwise is further proof your average dumbass american is too fucking stupid to realize their ignorance.

ugh...we're fucked because too many people saw Idiocracy the movie as entertainment and not the actual documentary that it was.

Comment

The total amount of gas used for all the vehicles in our household is typically about 90 gallons a month.

Comment

That is pretty skewed though based on numbers in cities, those that don't own vehicles, etc. We've cut back dramatically out of necessity and still use more than that.

Comment

$5 a gallon diesel is what hurt bad last time around. It went down to under a dollar for a while and it's back up to $3.20+ now.

Comment

I think the highest amount of Foreclosures in history will take place in 2011, so in a nut shell, my .02 is its not over yet.
            2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
            Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
            Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
            Speedlogix Catch Can
            Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
              I think the highest amount of Foreclosures in history will take place in 2011, so in a nut shell, my .02 is its not over yet.
              Roger that!

More mortgage failures, more bank failures, municipal bond failures, student loan failures... keep 'em coming!

Comment

Just buy a bunch of oil company stock and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  Roger that!

More mortgage failures, more bank failures, municipal bond failures, student loan failures... keep 'em coming!
                  don't forget commercial real estate foreclosures...if the banks can even afford to foreclose. I've been watching a property here in CS waiting for the bank to foreclose on the place and swoop in for a deal but the best I can tell is they just aren't paying the bank which is pretty much powerless to do anything about it. Even by NOT paying the note, I can't see how they are keeping the doors open unless there is someone behind the scenes kicking in HUGE money every month. I want to buy the property, break it up and shitcan the entire staff, but somehow, it just keeps moving along.

Comment

Between my wife and I, we use about 150 gallons a month.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

lol, 300-500 gallons a month over here (depending on the month), and that's just me. Good thing I don't pay for gas!
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I work in the oil industry and if our business this year shows any sign of the price of oil... you better buckle up for a long ride.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by MandyZ View Post
                          Just buy a bunch of oil company stock and enjoy the ride.
                          I'll stick with PMs

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                            Between my wife and I, we use about 150 gallons a month.
                            My wife and I use right at 150 gallons a month on average as well. Average MPG is 15 for her Jeep and 20 for my TL in mixed driving. I paid $3.30/gal to fill up on premium at Shell yesterday.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                              don't forget commercial real estate foreclosures...if the banks can even afford to foreclose. I've been watching a property here in CS waiting for the bank to foreclose on the place and swoop in for a deal but the best I can tell is they just aren't paying the bank which is pretty much powerless to do anything about it. Even by NOT paying the note, I can't see how they are keeping the doors open unless there is someone behind the scenes kicking in HUGE money every month. I want to buy the property, break it up and shitcan the entire staff, but somehow, it just keeps moving along.
                              Banks are purposely holding foreclosures because they don't have to list it as a loss until the foreclosure starts.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                                Another recession?

I didn't think we were out of the current recession yet...
                                Speaks truth!

Comment

Working...
                                X