Isle of Mann TT Claims Another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isle of Mann TT Claims Another

Rider Yoshinari Matsushita, 43, was killed during qualifying for the Isle of Man TT today. His death marks the 240th on the Snaefell Mountain Course on which the TT is held, and the 21st since 2000.P

It's not immediately clear what caused Matsushita to crash, though the official statement of the ACU says that he was killed in an accident at Ballacrye Corner. An immediate red flag was issued for the course.P

Matsushita, who hailed from Saitama, Japan, first competed in the Isle of Man TT in 2009,. He was an experienced rider who won the 2008 Motegi Endurance race and came in 5th in the TT Zero for electric motorcycles in 2011.
    Rider Yoshinari Matsushita, 43, was killed during qualifying for the Isle of Man TT today. His death marks the 240th on the Snaefell Mountain Course on which the TT is held, and the 21st since 2000.

Isn't that old for motorcycle racing????

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      We're talking about racing, not stunting. More power to the guys that still have the skill to compete at whatever age.

Comment

What a shame. There had been a abnormal gap since a death at the Isle if I recall.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My dad bought me one of those "spectacular crashes" VHS video in the '80s. It had mostly European racing like Group B rally cars and Paris-Dakar. But it had an incredible ~5-minute scene shot from the handlebars of a motorcycle running at Isle of Man, all to the Flight of the Valkyries. That was a seriously fear-inducing piece of footage and I have always been fascinated by anyone that would ride that hard, that fast, through streets that are completely blind and more narrow than most back alleys.

RIP dude, but we're all a little jealous you got to go out doing something you loved. I hope it was quick and painless.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            My dad bought me one of those "spectacular crashes" VHS video in the '80s. It had mostly European racing like Group B rally cars and Paris-Dakar. But it had an incredible ~5-minute scene shot from the handlebars of a motorcycle running at Isle of Man, all to the Flight of the Valkyries. That was a seriously fear-inducing piece of footage and I have always been fascinated by anyone that would ride that hard, that fast, through streets that are completely blind and more narrow than most back alleys.

RIP dude, but we're all a little jealous you got to go out doing something you loved. I hope it was quick and painless.
            Yes, 170mph with your helmet scraping a rock retaining wall or bush.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Looks like he low sided it on a high speed turn.

Comment

yep, not the road you want to fuck up on

Comment

RIP - those guys have some serious balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    We're talking about racing, not stunting. More power to the guys that still have the skill to compete at whatever age.
                    Yes Aaron, I know.

Being at the top of the ladder at any sport at 43 is not "normal", but it is impressive.

Comment

Yes Aaron, I know.

Being at the top of the ladder at any sport at 43 is not "normal", but it is impressive.
                      Racing is mostly reaction times and endurance. Steering can be made easier to manipulate.

Comment

Road racing like the TT is more of an older mans game. The young ones don't quite have the experience to be fast. John McGuinness was in his late 30's when he set the lap record in 2009. The all time record holder for overall wins was almost 50 when he last raced.

Comment

Those guys have balls and nerves of steel. I've always been amazed by this race and surprised there haven't been way more deaths than there have been.
                          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Isle of Man TT is on now.....Velocity channel....dierctv ch281.

Comment

Working...
                            X