Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      Citizen shoots cop? Guy is killed, his name is drug through the mud and if he does fight them to a standstill, they keep calling in more reinforcements or pull a Ruby Ridge and just kill him and his family with snipers
      A cop got shot by a home owner here, case was presented to the grand jury and homeowner was no billed. Not exactly the way it happens all the time but exactly the way it should happen. All the facts were presented and the jury decided without prejudice.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        I love the comparison of Doctors and cops. Doctors are a million times more competent than cops. Have you seen what a civil service exam consists of? LOL
        Competent as doctors...How many 'accidental" killings do you hear about with doctors? NONE, unless you read the reports. It's not on the 5 o clock news....
        I'm not defending these guys. Just think that cops deal with a whole lot more shit and they "accidentally" kill a hell of a lot less people every year than your beloved doctors. You can't argue the factual numbers, period.
        No accidental killing is acceptable, but seriously you're comparing maybe 20 bad shoots a year in the US with cops versus the 98,000 accidental killings a year by doctors... In Vegas, that's a no brainer bet....
        I never said cps were treated unfair, just the facts. They kill someone and YOU the citizens review every case. You name ONE Doctor in Tarrant county that has been before a grand jury for accidentally killing their patient...
        Found the following interesting since so many gun owners here.... (can't validate its source, so take fwiw)
        FACTS TO PONDER :
        (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are120,000.

(Calculation) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.

(Yes, that's 80 million..)

(B) The number of accidental gun death per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(Calculation) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
        Last edited by dcs13; 05-29-2013, 07:44 PM. Reason: added

Comment

There's just no way that we kill that many patients accidentally each year. I have been in this business for 15yrs and I have not heard of a single patient killed accidentally by physicians...not saying that it doesnt happen, but if there were that many, I surely would have heard of at least one as shit like that spreads like wildfire through the hospital. I would like to see the data that they are quoting for these numbers...
          Also, LEOs have authority over you and can fuck your world up and you have no recourse. They can come to your home and shoot you and not get punished if they can "articulate" their actions effectively.
          Physicians do not possess this authority. You go to them and entrust your life to their care. If a mistake is made and a life is lost, it's much different than if a person is gunned down by JBTs. There is no malice, for the most part, if a doctor makes a mistake and loses a patient. I have yet to kill a patient, and each patient that I was unable to save weighs on my conscience.

Comment

How did it go from cops and doctors to doctors and gun owners?

And good post Dave.
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Mike,

This is DFWMustangs.net all things are possible! A derailed thread is the norm.......it is like

u-tube, you start watching oh lets say model airplane videos ---bam---3 hours later you

are watching blue balled Tibetan yaks spit on unwitting tourists. You have no idea how

you wound up looking at that, and lost 3 hours of your life!

R

Comment

They just said he got hit six times in the chest. Nice grouping I guess.

And true, Randy. Very true. Did it with music on there a couple hours ago...
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  The important difference is that doctors don't come out of the woodwork defending shitty doctors. Or constantly blame the patient.
                  Or, force you into an interaction with them. When was the last time a doctor kicked in someone's door with a scalpel and killed the home owner's dog and then the home owner?
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                    Most Doctors have an investment in their patients. Their reputation is at stake, as well as that person's life. There are exceptions of course. Police don't have as much vested interest in citizens as Doctors have in patients.
                    I would say it depends on who you are looking at. I have a great deal of invested interest in the citizens I have worked for. I have been with 3 departments, and you can go talk to the people in each of those cities and not many will have a bad thing to say about me, it is because I tend to be polite and professional. I also don't walk around like I am king of the castle. I view policing as a calling, not a job. I went out every day trying to help someone. Now I am with a school pd, which I feel is a better fit for me since I am your easy going type and try to change the way law enforcement is looked at by kids. I would say I have met many officers who don't care about citizens at all and just want that check. I would agree that doctors tend to be more caring than officers in general. Sad but true.

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                      There's just no way that we kill that many patients accidentally each year.
                      Numbers are from Department of Health and Human Services. Your friendky goverment agency...And I bet that's even a low ball figure. No one wants to code a patient death "accidental"...that invites a law suit...

And I posted the gun owner numbers simply for a reference to "accidental" shootings. Obviously that was by the general population, but at least some "number" for reference on the number of people killed .

Just perspective ...Kinda like people bitching about $4 a gallon gas, but they will buy a quart of cold water at QT for $1.29 all day long. The never realize they just paid over $5 a gallon for the water...

Comment

• I'm guessing that number has gone up a little more...
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                          Mike, u-tube, you start watching oh lets say model airplane videos ---bam---3 hours later you are watching blue balled Tibetan yaks spit on unwitting tourists. You have no idea how you wound up looking at that, and lost 3 hours of your life
                          So true..
                          Originally posted by Sean88gt
                          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                            This proves you have no idea how a grand jury works.
                            It's not about knowing or not knowing how a grand jury works. It's about the broken system itself.

When shit like this (see below) is going on it's hard to have ANY trust that the process will yield justice.

Albuquerque officer cleared in 'spoon' shooting
                            By RUSSELL CONTRERAS, Associated Press
                            Updated 4:46 pm, Wednesday, May 29, 2013

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Bernalillo County authorities announced Wednesday that prosecutors won't seek charges against an Albuquerque police officer who fatally shot a man reportedly holding a black plastic spoon during a 2011 confrontation with police.

In a statement, the Second Judicial District Attorney's Office said an internal review found that officer Sean Wallace was justified in shooting Alan Gomez, 22, in May 2011. "We have found no probable cause to believe that Officer Sean Wallace committed a crime, and thus we will not present charges against Officer Sean Wallace to a charging grand jury or preliminary hearing," District Attorney Kari E. Brandenburg and Chief Deputy District Attorney Mark Drebing wrote in a letter to Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz.

Wallace shot Gomez after Gomez allegedly held his brother and his brother's girlfriend against their will at an Albuquerque house. His brother, Eric Gomez, later said he hadn't felt as though he was being held prisoner.

Officers were dispatched to the home after Eric's girlfriend reported that Alan had a gun and she was being held inside, according to the initial 911 call provided by police. The woman told the dispatcher she didn't know what was wrong with Alan and asked officials to "please hurry."

Police had also received reports that Gomez was armed and had fired a rifle outside the home, but he came out to talk to officers and was reportedly holding only a black plastic spoon when shot in the back while walking into the house.

Police have shot more than two dozen people since 2010, killing 18 and sparking protests and outrage among activists in the city. The Gomez shooting was widely criticized because he was reportedly unarmed and shot in the back.

The U.S. Justice Department is investigating claims of excessive force by Albuquerque police.

Michael Gomez, the father of Alan Gomez, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he was "gravely disappointed" about the district attorney's decision but not surprised. "She's just there to cover up whatever they do," Gomez said. "She's ruled that all police shootings are justified, so I'm not shocked at all."

Brandenburg has been criticized for her office's controversial, decades-old practice of using grand jury panels to affirm decisions that no probable cause existed to charge police officers in shootings. Most district attorneys in New Mexico and around the country resolve police shooting cases with an internal investigation.

Under a revamped system, county prosecutors decide whether there's probable cause that a crime was committed and then present the case to a grand jury to decide. But all shootings reviewed have been ruled justified.

The Gomez family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Wallace and the police department. The lawsuit said the department hired Sean Wallace despite two previous excessive force claims against him while a state police officer.

Wallace, now a K-9 officer with Albuquerque police, was a New Mexico State Police officer when he shot and killed Leo Lopez of Chimayo in 2004. He was cleared by a grand jury, but the state paid $235,000 to settle a wrongful death lawsuit.

In January 2010, he shot Wayne Cordova, who was on an Albuquerque rooftop crying and asking to be killed. Cordova survived.

Comment

• drOpPIn' sCieNcE on dat ass

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• There'll most likely be no dash cam or microphone recording of the altercation,if there "was" a recording the data will likely be corrupted or some other stupid reason.
                                1990 Mustang CHP
                                1990 Mustang GT Hatch(sold '02)
                                1985 Mustang CHP (sold '02)
                                1984 Mustang 20 Anny 2.3L turbo (sold '04)
                                1984 Mustang 20 Anny 5.0L (sold '00)
                                1980 Mustang coupe 2.3L turbo (sold '94)

Comment

Working...
                                X