Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any high mileage drivers lease their cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any high mileage drivers lease their cars?

I drive around 30,000 miles a year and have no idea what a lease like this would cost. I have always purchased my vehicles but with the mileage I wanted to at least look into the option of leasing. If I purchased I would only keep it for 5 years or so.

A Honda Fit EV for only $259 a month, Nothing Down, and UNLIMITED MILES. Now that is a steal. Unfortunately, it is only available in certain states (Texas is not one). Go here to see if you can get one or get on the waiting list: http://automobiles.honda.com/fit-ev/ http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/05/honda-cuts-fit-ev

Comment

Does look like that fit shit is available here

Comment

I need an SUV for ground clearance and to fit some work equipment in. That little car would not do, plus some of my customers are as big as that car.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
          I need an SUV for ground clearance and to fit some work equipment in. That little car would not do, plus some of my customers are as big as that car.
          I'm 6'5 and that's the only car I've ever been in that I didn't have to move the seat all the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            I'm 6'5 and that's the only car I've ever been in that I didn't have to move the seat all the way back.
            You heard it ladies and gentlemen! This nigga is 6'5 and still cant score pussy with his height!

jk man

Comment

And I do a lot of overnight stays in Louisiana and random other places, I don't think they will ever bother with the infrastructure to handle electric cars.

Comment

I looked at leasing very briefly. It seemed like anything over 15k miles per year ended with huge penalties. At that time I was running 45k per year and I've been averaging 80-90k the last few years.

Some of the manufacturer's sites have lease calculators on them. You can enter your mileage and it will tell you what the payment is with penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  I looked at leasing very briefly. It seemed like anything over 15k miles per year ended with huge penalties. At that time I was running 45k per year and I've been averaging 80-90k the last few years.

Some of the manufacturer's sites have lease calculators on them. You can enter your mileage and it will tell you what the payment is with penalties.
                  The key is to have the leased sized for your expected mileage use. You can have 30k miles written into the leasing contract from the get go. Of course the payment will be more expensive but it won't be nearly as high as it would be if you exceeded the contract miles.

The key for any lease is to get a car with high residuals. The higher the residual, the lower the payment.

no4njnk, I would call Classic Chevy in Grapevine and see what the lease price would be on a new Tahoe or Traverse with your mileage usage. Grapevine Ford can get you pricing on an Expedition or Explorer. Huffines in Lewisville would be my suggestion for payments on a Duragno.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                    You heard it ladies and gentlemen! This nigga is 6'5 and still cant score pussy with his height!

jk man
                    I will kill you until you are dead from it!

Comment

i have 19.5k a year on my f150 lease from skip @ grapevine. and im currently looking to trade it in as im rapidly approaching 58.5k on my 3yr lease thats not up till feb.

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

DM Leasing- check them out

Comment

I have leased several cars.. 2 of them from Skip..

IMO the BEST use for a lease is if you dont put tons of miles on the car. we got my wife into a fully loaded 11 Expy brand new for much less than a purchase would have been. She has 10.5k mile allowance a year and drives maybe 6-7K.

if you go over 17-20k, IMO Between the lease cost and the fees for going over, it ends up being cheaper picking a car that you like and buying it VS leasing it.
                          2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

I drive 20K a year per car and ALL of mine are leased. But I may not know what I'm doing....
                            BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                            BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                            Fernando Perez
                            Alijandra Perez
                            Mesquite, Texas
                            214-680-1415

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                              The key is to have the leased sized for your expected mileage use. You can have 30k miles written into the leasing contract from the get go. Of course the payment will be more expensive but it won't be nearly as high as it would be if you exceeded the contract miles.

The key for any lease is to get a car with high residuals. The higher the residual, the lower the payment.
                              As I recall, the payment for my anticipated mileage would have been higher than my payment. And I didn't know there was an option to negotiate the mileage. Let alone what would have happened with the spike in mileage I've had over the past 2 years.

Luckily my truck is paid for and has paid for itself multiple times.

Comment

Working...
                              X