Are home rates fixing to jump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are home rates fixing to jump?

My brother-in-law's wife is trying to move out of the mom's house, cause she doesn't get along with her. She is saying they must take this house deal they found cause the rates are fixing to jump. Any truth to this? Thanks

They already have. Was reading about it yesterday. Regardless, I wouldn't purchase a property based solely on that variable. Terrible idea.

Comment

I hope so. I'll be putting mine on the market her in about two or three months.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        I hope so. I'll be putting mine on the market her in about two or three months.
        How would mortgage rates increasing help you?

Comment

They've jumped significantly in the past week and a half and show no signs of stopping. If you ever hear about rates jumping in the news, you're a week behind.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
            How would mortgage rates increasing help you?
            D'oh I read it as home prices fixing to jump. My mistake.

But to answer your question, fear of rising mortgage rates can lead to a rise in demand, as the rate can affect the final cost of the house far more than a few thousand dollars in purchase price.

Comment

I remember 12-15 percent mortgage rates back in the late 70's to early 80's. The current rates are ubber low either way!

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                D'oh I read it as home prices fixing to jump. My mistake.

But to answer your question, fear of rising mortgage rates can lead to a rise in demand, as the rate can affect the final cost of the house far more than a few thousand dollars in purchase price.
                Ah, that's a good point. Didn't think of it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                  I remember 12-15 percent mortgage rates back in the late 70's to early 80's. The current rates are ubber low either way!
                  We need more Jimmy Carter!

Comment

Locked in 3.65% on a 30 year fixed a few weeks ago bitches!!
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

watch the 10-Year treasury Index if you want to see what rates are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Slave to the credit!!

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          Yup, i missed it by one week...

Locked in 3.825%

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            Slave to the credit!!
                            It's plastic slave, you douchenugget!
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              It's plastic slave, you douchenugget!
                              They go hand and hand.

I'm glad I am just a douchenugget. I would hate to be a full douche.

Comment

Working...
                              X