Engine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine question

I figure yall are the best guys to answer a question for me. I'm looking at a used car for the wife for when she sells her Tracker and came across an ad that talks about how the engine in the car is a Corvette engine. Is there any difference between the 350 in a Corvette and a 350 in a truck or are they the same thing?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

They're different. Unfortunately, a lot of idiots will put a 350 in something, then declare it's a, "corvette engine." It's kind of like when old 5 liter square body Ford pickups magically have a Boss 302 engine in them.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If they are talking about the LS series engines they share the same basic dimensions and some parts interchange but they are not the same. It is kind of like saying that a normal grunt and delta force are the samething because both men could be/are the same height and carry an M4.
      Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 06-01-2013, 11:37 PM.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

That makes more sense. I've always wondered about this and see people saying "Mustang 5.0" in whatever. Is there any way of telling if there's anything to what they say?
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          I figure yall are the best guys to answer a question for me. I'm looking at a used car for the wife for when she sells her Tracker and came across an ad that talks about how the engine in the car is a Corvette engine. Is there any difference between the 350 in a Corvette and a 350 in a truck or are they the same thing?
          Depends on the generation. Say if you go with the late 80's, a truck will be a throttle body and a corvette will be an L98 tune port or an LT1 in the 90's. Big difference there. Then the truck Vortec 350 vs the LT1 in 96 is a big difference.

Most of the time, the "Corvette" engine is going to be an LT1 since it came in a lot of different cars. While they are close, there are still differences between a caprice LT1 and a corvette LT1.

Comment

Working...
          X