Tablet All in Ones (XPS 18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet All in Ones (XPS 18)

What are your thoughts on the new XPS 18?

Shop all categories on Dell.com. Explore the site map to find deals and learn about laptops, PCaaS, cloud solutions and more.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and order one. I wouldn't use it at home as I have a real workstation and not an ultrabook toy. Anyone else out there spoiled by 1600p monitors and unable to work on a laptop? What are your thoughts on this new category of AIO's?

The major downside is being released this month, it has a 3rd gen intel instead of a haswell.

No haswell is a deal breaker for that market.

Comment

is it trying to be a tablet or ultrabook or desktop, looks like all 3 without being good in either.

Comment

We have a regular HP all-in-one touch screen computer, it's not portable. It is fun to fuck around with tho. Like a huge smart phone!

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
          is it trying to be a tablet or ultrabook or desktop, looks like all 3 without being good in either.
          That's Dell for ya! Mediocore at all three.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
            Anyone else out there spoiled by 1600p monitors and unable to work on a laptop?
            I have a 22" monitor at work, and a 20" at home, that I use for real work, in conjunction with my laptop (extended display). I know there are way bigger, so no brag attempt, but I HATE trying to work on the laptop screen alone (14")..

Now, on my personal laptop, that I use for surfing in the evening, I am fine with using that screen alone since I don't do any actual work. I literally use it almost exclusively for just surfing / browsing the web. I wouldn't mind moving to one of those XPS's for my browsing, but at the same time, would not spend that much for what I would use it for. A few hundred dollar laptop is more than sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              I have a 22" monitor at work, and a 20" at home, that I use for real work, in conjunction with my laptop (extended display). I know there are way bigger, so no brag attempt, but I HATE trying to work on the laptop screen alone (14")..
              That's how I am. I literally was telling my brother a couple months ago about my considering buying an all in one and external display, and using those in a rolling suitcase as a rolling workstation.

I've been considering today and since this market is so new, and from the Sony Tab, to the Asus, to the Dell they have had a lot of improvements. The Dell XPS 18 would be a no brainer with a Haswell, HDMI out, NFC chip, and real external monitor support outside of WiDi.

So. Second generation of the XPS 18 and I'm down.

Comment

By the way, you can buy a $400 Dell Gift Card right now and get a bonus $75 promo gift card: https://dell.cashstar.com/gift-card/...y=PH&ref=dell1

You should be able to convert the $75 promo cards to ~$60 amazon credit.

Comment

Working...
                X