Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 GT. The mustang we've always wanted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 GT. The mustang we've always wanted?

For a long, long time, Ford fanboys have been wanting the GT to be something like this. 300 HP wasn't bad for the 2005 revision of the mustang, but the car also gained a little weight to go with that. What it really needed was what it got in 2011. For around 30 freakin years, the mustang line has needed this car. Sure they've had some fast cobras, but this is their best GT ever. Making the best affordable fast stang ever. Anyone else think its awesome that they finally did this? I wouldn't doubt that with a couple fairly minor mods, the car can easily see 500hp.

Comment

ehhh

Comment

You're a little behind with this post...
        Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

is this a joke?

Comment

Cool story, bro.

Comment

Wait till 2012, it gets even better.

Comment

It's progression and market share... In 1986 a 205hp 5.0 kept up with a 190hp camaro. Both the challenger and camaro are 400+ hp cars now. Gotta keep up.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  Wait till 2012, it gets even better.

yes it will. but then after about 2-4 yrs it will be even better, and again and again

Comment

i love the mustang as much as the next guy but is it just me or does ford care more about hp than mpg? seems like everyone else is creating vehicles with decent power and great fuel efficiency.
                    .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                      i love the mustang as much as the next guy but is it just me or does ford care more about hp than mpg? seems like everyone else is creating vehicles with decent power and great fuel efficiency.
                      It's just you. My GT gets 25-26 on the highway with 3.73s and a 305 drag radial, the V6 cars are getting 31-33 after a couple thousand miles.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        It's just you. My GT gets 25-26 on the highway with 3.73s and a 305 drag radial, the V6 cars are getting 31-33 after a couple thousand miles.
                        What about red light to red light mph?
                        Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                          Um, you can get a 305HP Mustang V6 that gets 32mpg. That car is nearly as powerful as the old 4.6 V8 from only ONE YEAR AGO but gets incredible mileage.

The GT has 412HP but gets BETTER mileage than the old 4.6.

It seems to me that the opposite is true.

Comment

well.......
                            .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                              What about red light to red light mph?
                              Streetracing is illegal

Comment

Working...
                              X