iTunes Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes Help

I don't know shit about iTunes so need a little help. My buddy has a lot of music on his iTunes & want to know if there is a way I can copy it to my iPod. If so, how do I do it???

hook yours up to his competer and sync it. it will delete everything you have.
    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

He is in an other city & doesn't even have a computer any more. The ex wife has it now. If I log onto his iTunes account from my computer then can it be done?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
        He is in an other city & doesn't even have a computer any more. The ex wife has it now. If I log onto his iTunes account from my computer then can it be done?
        Yes but when you authorize your iPod on another computer it will else it. You'd be tied to his iTunes account forever. Apple makes it hard to scam the system.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
          hook yours up to his competer and sync it. it will delete everything you have.
          gotta love iTunes. This is one of the reason I ditched my iphone. Not that I was stealing music, but it would occasionally want to erase everything I have just by syncing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
            Yes but when you authorize your iPod on another computer it will else it. You'd be tied to his iTunes account forever. Apple makes it hard to scam the system.
            That's fine with me cuz I never download music & he has a lot of it already, more than I'll ever listen to. So how exactly do I do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
              That's fine with me cuz I never download music & he has a lot of it already, more than I'll ever listen to. So how exactly do I do it?
              You can use SharePod to download the music from an iPhone/ipod to your computer. But as has been said, Apple is pretty heavy on the DRM so if it was purchased through iTunes your computer/iphone will have to be authorized to his iTunes account to be able to play it.

Otherwise, you will need to find a DRM stripping program to remove the DRM from said files.
              2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

You can burn it to CD's, then rip the CD's to your computer (I recommend ripping as mp3 files), and then import those files into your Itunes program and continue to use your own IPod without losing any of your current music. This works but can take a considerable time if there is much music.

A better way is to do as suggested and use a DRM stripping program, save the files onto a suitable capacity flash drive, load them onto your computer, import into your Itunes.

Even better, forget using Itunes at all as anything other than a program to sync music to your Ipod. Instead use mp3 files that are easily moved from one computer to another. Most files can be converted to mp3 format using a conversion program.

Comment

Working...
                X