Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the Hydrogen cell car will ever hit the market in masses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think the Hydrogen cell car will ever hit the market in masses?

I see car companies focusing on electric cars, but don't hear much about the hydrogen cell cars anymore. I can't help but feel that the battery operated cars are a big joke. Limited mileage and eventually the batteries will go bad. Cost to replace them will be silly, not to mention disposing of the bad ones will cost a bit too.

I would love to see more focus being put on the hydrogen cell cars and trucks. What would you vote for in the future?

Either way, oil will still be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Either way, oil will still be needed.
      I guess that is pretty much a given considering all the politicians getting their palms greased by the oil companies. That would be like making cigarettes illegal. To much money to be lost. But it would be nice to cut our usage in the future.

Comment

You gotta think: plastics, paints, rubber, fabrics and many other things have oil-based properties of some sort. We can cut it down, but we still have to figure out how to live without it completely.

Comment

We cause more pollution making those damn electric cars than if you just keep the old gas cars running.

I was actually excited for the hydrogen car. I hope we do figure something out and get off the corn/electric thing.

Electric cars are just temporary i hope. I wonder how long the battery's last and what has to be done with them when they die?

Comment

alot more researching and study needs to be done before it goes mass.

Comment

Yes, I do. The technology is already there, hydrogen cars are ready for the market. The problem is the infrastructure, it will take a major undertaking and expense to get enough refill stations out there. It will happen though, electric and hybrids will only be around long enough to bridge the gap.

Comment

A very good question with a very gray answer. but why?

Hydrogen powered (water) cars have been around far back into auto history. This technology has been suppressed for so long, the car that runs on water has forever become a mith, that has always been a reality dating far back in auto history. People have been killed over such early technological advances in alternative fueling with h2o and h2.

I believe much conspiracy has more to do with the development then anything. For time dating far back into auto history, someone(s) has tried to kill and cap the developments and advancement of the water car and this technology.

It can be done. It has been done, again and again.

Easy to tax and regulate something that the common man cant get out of the ground, so you can gouge $3-5$+ gallons of fuel by controlling supply.

Nothing will ever kill the oil industry. We will always burn oil. The water car will and does, have great potential to lessen our consumption of this natural resource.

BUT, The Man can't tax water that falls from the sky.

There's more water then anything else around here. Big brother doesn't have control over water tax unless its in a bottle. so they suppress and control the technological advances that make this all possible.

early public transit was electric street cars, that were easy and cheap to maintain. This technology was replaced early with high maintenance cost oil burners. Another early technological advance, that was stopped in its tracks, literally.

Just Another fine example of The Man, holding us down, and taking advantage.
                Last edited by JETFAST; 01-16-2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Nice post, Jet.

Comment

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
                    Hydrogen powered (water) cars have been around far back into auto history. This technology has been suppressed for so long, the car that runs on water has forever become a mith, that has always been a reality dating far back in auto history. People have been killed over such early technological advances in alternative fueling with h2o and h2.

I believe much conspiracy has more to do with the development then anything. For time dating far back into auto history, someone(s) has tried to kill and cap the developments and advancement of the water car and this technology.

It can be done. It has been done, again and again.

Easy to tax and regulate something that the common man cant get out of the ground, so you can gouge $3-5$+ gallons of fuel by controlling supply.

Nothing will ever kill the oil industry. We will always burn oil. The water car will and does, have great potential to lessen our consumption of this natural resource.

BUT, The Man can't tax water that falls from the sky.

There's more water then anything else around here. Big brother doesn't have control over water tax unless its in a bottle. so they suppress and control the technological advances that make this all possible.

early public transit was electric street cars, that were easy and cheap to maintain. This technology was replaced early with high maintenance cost oil burners. Another early technological advance, that was stopped in its tracks, literally.

Just Another fine example of The Man, holding us down, and taking advantage.
                    x2. You should see "The Water Engine" with William H Macy

Comment

Nope. Simply due to the enormity of the cost for the infrastructure required to support a large populace driving Hydrogen powered vehicles.

I think Hybrid technology will continue to lead the "green" movement in automotive tech. Electric cars still aren't viable due to limited range and recharging stations outside of the home.

I think what Ford is doing with their Eco-boost technology and VCT will keep the internal combustion engine around for a lot longer than originally projected.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                        Nope. Simply due to the enormity of the cost for the infrastructure required to support a large populace driving Hydrogen powered vehicles.

I think Hybrid technology will continue to lead the "green" movement in automotive tech. Electric cars still aren't viable due to limited range and recharging stations outside of the home.

I think what Ford is doing with their Eco-boost technology and VCT will keep the internal combustion engine around for a lot longer than originally projected.
                        That ecoboost engine is far from being a true gas efficient vehicle. It just makes v8 power on a V6 block. Nothing good about the gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                          That ecoboost engine is far from being a true gas efficient vehicle. It just makes v8 power on a V6 block. Nothing good about the gas mileage.
                          Yes, but making V8 power with a smaller displacement V6 is a step in the right direction. Make more with less. A smaller bore, along with the other catalyst devices, is going to produce less emissions than a V8.

Comment

hydrogen is produced mainly from oil right now. So, no reduction in oil. Any time you convert from one energy type to another, such as oil to gas, or oil to hydrogen there is energy lost. Plus it is hard to beat the energy content of gasoline of 125,000 btu per gallon.
                            class joke
                            {
                            private:
                            char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                            double Peas, Carrots;
                            string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                            };

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                              Yes, but making V8 power with a smaller displacement V6 is a step in the right direction. Make more with less. A smaller bore, along with the other catalyst devices, is going to produce less emissions than a V8.
                              You have a valid point. But if you can't afford to put gas in it, it's not going to do you a lot of good.

Don't get me wrong, I like the thought of more power with less and I am impressed by that particular engine. But if gas is at $4.00/gal, the average Joe will not be able fill the tank. Now if it was 30 + miles to the gallon, then it would be a step in the right direction. What is it rated for 16/23 ? Which would probably equate to 13-14 at best in the city? That is just not going to cut it with the future gas prices. (just being a realist)

Comment

Working...
                              X