Silver price below $19.00 an ounce...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
    It was well over $35 an ounce less than 6 months ago, Gold is under $1300, Not fully sure what's going on, but if you're a stacker then now is the time to buy. http://www.monex.com/
    I remember when Gold was $200/ounce

Comment

I like Provident Metals, they're in Dallas and normal have pretty good prices

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
        I remember when Gold was $200/ounce
        You were following gold in 1978?
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I've bought gold in the low $300's, but it was just small stuff.

I remember my first BIG gold purchase of XF-AU $10 Liberties(raw) when they were priced at $180 each.
          That's gold spot around $360 per ounce. I could get them in quantity(100) without a sweat.

The spreads and premiums were smaller in percentage than they are now, mostly because the buy-side was just not aggressive as it is currently.
          Jay Johnson
          Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            I grab my silver at J&M. $5 bucks to ship and no minimum. I have some in the mail now but if it keeps falling, I'll have to grab more. They are having a free shipping event at the moment
            website? I've been saving $10 on shipping by going through Ebay on apmex bars.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
              website? I've been saving $10 on shipping by going through Ebay on apmex bars.
              They have free shipping on their website from time to time, not sure how the ebay prices compare to the website prices though.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                You were following gold in 1978?
                I really wasn't, but I do remember the Hunt bros. pushing silver to $52 in 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  They have free shipping on their website from time to time, not sure how the ebay prices compare to the website prices though.
                  Sorry, I was wondering the name of the site. I do quite a bit of shopping around to find the best deals. I'll check Apmex.com prices, Gainesvillecoins.com, ebay, and some of our local dealers. I'll factor in the shipping charges and usually save a few bucks over one or the other.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    buying time would be when it's starting to go up, not when it's still on it's way down.
                    Learn to earn on the turn
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Learn to earn on the turn
                      Yeah, but don't try to catch a falling knife.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        Yeah, but don't try to catch a falling knife.
                        Truth.

Buy now.

Comment

Silver has been forming a bottom for several weeks now. I own some silver ETF but also buying physical silver lately.

Comment

Where is the best place to buy? I am always looking, but the prices always seem high.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                              Where is the best place to buy? I am always looking, but the prices always seem high.
                              Dallas Gold & Silver lets you pay cash for physical silver. If you're in Austin, though, McBride's sells scrap precious metals at spot.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                                Spot price and actual purchase price are rarely the same. The reason is the cost of processing the raw material into a casted form. I've been paying $1.00-$1.50 over spot plus some shipping when buying it on Ebay. You'll get a better deal when buying 10 ounces or more at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X