What the heck is this stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
    Bedliner is pretty heavy isnt it? and expensive? Looking for something for my chase vehicle but dont have a whole bunch of money sitting around right now
    Wanting to do the entire vehicle or just pieces? This is to protect against what?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

This is a good question.
      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Bedliner is pretty heavy isnt it? and expensive? Looking for something for my chase vehicle but dont have a whole bunch of money sitting around right now
        I say that Cus people try to compare it to bed liner. Not even the same category. Plus with did Shit constantly post it looks like bed liner doesn't help the people wanting to know about the product
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Wanting to do the entire vehicle or just pieces? This is to protect against what?

Probably the whole vehicle, and just to give some protection against hail and debris. Really it just needs a new paint job, I dont care to terribly much about the paint but if there is something like this that is inexpensive and offers some functionality then I would be interested.

Comment

To get that kind of protection, You would have to layer plasti-dip so heavily that the cost would be relatively the same as having bedliner applied and even then I think a bedliner product would still work better in your case.
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

What if you put bed liner as a base coat and plasti dip as a top coat?

Trololol
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Probably the whole vehicle, and just to give some protection against hail and debris. Really it just needs a new paint job, I dont care to terribly much about the paint but if there is something like this that is inexpensive and offers some functionality then I would be interested.
                Bedliner would be perfect for this application. PM William Wallace....they've done their shop truck and might be able to offer suggestions.

Comment

West Coast Customs is about to line X a Camaro on SPEED Channel right now
                  WRX

Comment

Plan to plastidip my truck in the near future

Havent been able to pick a color yet

Any links to that 5.0 dipped orange?

Comment

So after further research on this stuff, I want to do my truck now.

Waiting on a reply from a shop in Fort Worth for a quote on how much skrilla its gonna run for my truck.

Matte Pearl White - Dually...sickness

Comment

I've had quotes from 650-950 for my super duty

Still haven't decided if I'm going to do it myself or not - 300+ for the materials

Comment

Originally posted by Andy@PrimeTuning View Post

Still haven't decided if I'm going to do it myself or not - 300+ for the materials
                          its simple, if you mess up peel it off..
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Andy@PrimeTuning View Post

It's really not that hard. I've only used the rattle cans and it came out great every time. I could only imagine a spray gun would be a lot easier and more consistent.

Comment

Working...
                            X