Hypothetical question - Performance Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical question - Performance Shops

Say you had some work done at a local shop. They promised very specific criteria would be met. Installation was done, and money changed hands, with the understanding that there would be follow up tuning sessions to meet those very specific criteria that were discussed prior to beginning the job. Several trips back to the shop for tuning, each time, the car comes back pretty much just like it was before you dropped it off. So you make the call again, and this time you get told that the shop is really busy, and they can't get you in. So busy in fact, that you can't even drop the car off and leave it, they have no place to park it. You are promised a call back when an opening comes up, but time goes by, and no call is made.

Do you wait it out longer, knowing that they have not be able to do what they said they would do up to this point?

Do you say fuck it and find another shop, knowing full well that most shops do not like taking on other shops installations?

Just looking for opinions on this purely hypothetical situation.

I know a guy who can road tune it and it'll be better than any shop around here.
    '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
    '13 Dodge Cummins
    '14 Rubicon X

Comment

In my experience, not getting what you paid for, followed by "we can get at it soon", followed by no communication = fuck off we are done messing with you.

It's like there is a how to manual for doing bad business and those are the steps. Find another shop, spread the word that the previous one screws people over.

Comment

Sounds like a pretty typical performance shop unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Sounds like a pretty typical performance shop unfortunately.
          Ding ding!
          Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

That's the real issue right there. It does sound like the typical shop. Guess I didn't expect this one to be typical. Maybe I should have spent more?! LOL!

Comment

Unfortunately, it's been said that they're done with you. I would find another tuner to finish it for you
              Scott Ganow
              Lone Star Performance
              16300 Midway Rd
              Addison, TX 75001
              214-630-5006

Comment

What is done to the car and why so many trips back for tuning. Was there changes inbetween or was it for tweaking. I'm just trying to figure out why it would have to go back multiple times? Not defending just curious why it would have to keep going back

Comment

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
                  Unfortunately, it's been said that they're done with you. I would find another tuner to finish it for you
                  You have insider information I[m taking it then? Or just stirring the pot?

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                    What is done to the car and why so many trips back for tuning. Was there changes inbetween or was it for tweaking. I'm just trying to figure out why it would have to go back multiple times? Not defending just curious why it would have to keep going back
                    KB blower and a trash tune. I was promised near stock driveability and 200 extra horsepower. They delivered on exactly half of that promise. Low speed driveability is so bad (hunting idle, misfires, throwing codes, etc.) that the car is basically not driveable. At the track, it's a damn screamer, unfortunately, I don't live at the track and would like to be able to enjoy cruising the car around again.

Comment

High pathetical?
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        High pathetical?
                        It's baaaack

Comment

Spill it. What's the shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            Spill it. What's the shop?
                            Any one that's seen my other threads knows the answer. Never thought I'd be posting a "rant/vent" thread about them. Pretty much feel like they got me in the door with a killer price deal and then said that was that. The tune has never been right.

Comment

Sometimes it takes some attention to get something done right. It's happened many times on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X