east Texas cop arrested selling crack... from his patrol car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• east Texas cop arrested selling crack... from his patrol car

TYLER — A Smith County patrol deputy was arrested Wednesday on federal charges of drug trafficking.

According to the Smith County Sheriff’s Office, deputy Kimbrick Bernard Jones, 38, was arrested around 5 a.m. at the Smith County Jail accused of selling drugs from his county patrol unit while on duty.

Sheriff Larry Smith told KETK he heard rumors Jones had sold crack cocaine while on duty.

“We got enough information on him two months ago to begin an investigation,” Smith said. The investigation included officials with the sheriff’s department as well as the narcotics unit, FBI and Texas Rangers.

“These are only accusations at this time and we have full trust and confidence in the United States Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Texas to move this case forward through the criminal justice system,” Smith said.

Jones worked for the Smith County Sheriff’s Office on two separate occasions dating back a number of years in the jail and patrol divisions.

Jones was placed in federal custody Wednesday and his employment terminated.

“Law enforcement officers with the Smith County Sheriff’s Office were put on notice by me on Jan. 1 of this year that they will be held to a higher standard than the general public,” Smith said.

“This is necessary for anyone who is tasked with enforcing the law and who expects to gain the trust and support of the community we serve. This administration has zero tolerance when it comes to the employees violating the law and violating the trust of the Smith County Sheriff’s Office and the citizens of Smith County.”
    Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Kimbrick? Someone should've seen this coming.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

This makes me laugh:

Stevo
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

On the bright side he can still be elected Mayor.

Comment

Estupet...drug trafficking charges? He's done!
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Not at all surprising. But we haven't heard the officer's side of the story, so, I'll wait to pass judgement....

Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Not at all surprising. But we haven't heard the officer's side of the story, so, I'll wait to pass judgement....

Ya.. Maybe he was working undercover to build up leads on who's buying crack

Comment

On a side note, I could only imagine what it's like wanting to buy crack and your "dealer" shows up in a patrol car LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Ya.. Maybe he was working undercover to build up leads on who's buying crack
                  Wild Kimbrick?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Reporters were talking about how this now taints EVERY arrest and investigation in which he has ever been a part.

He is in Gregg County jail at the moment, which incidentally has killed three inmates in the last few years.

Stevo

Comment

Probably stuff he took off of other dealers. Pure profit.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        Damn, beat me to it.

Comment

Smith County Sherriff's office has been crooked for decades

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            On a side note, I could only imagine what it's like wanting to buy crack and your "dealer" shows up in a patrol car LOL!

Reminds me of a funny story. One of my friend's his Mother died. He asked me if I would go pick up his meth-head brother Jimmy and bring him over to be with the family. Jimmy and I go way back and I remember when he was cool, had it together, and had a family. It makes me sad to see how he has fallen, but I had no problem going to get him given the circumstances. Jimmy owned the house but let all his fellow meth-friends live there too. I have a dark navy blue shirt from a police academy my FIL was in when he was in training. He gave it to me for some reason. I just "happen" to be wearing it that day. So I pull up to Jimmy's house and just as I start to get out, I look down and see the badge on the shirt and realize I can't just walk up to the door. So I honked and stood beside the car waiting, but I had my arms crossed thinking I had covered the badge on the breast. I hear shuffling, talking, blinds shaking...in a few minutes some people come running out and jump in a Crown Vic and take off with a quickness. Jimmy sticks his head out and sees me. Looks like hell, but smiles, waves "let me put on a shirt and I'll be right out". We get in the car and just as he clicks the seatbelt he says. "You know you are wearing a cop badge?". I laughed, "yeah, sorry that was an accident, but I kept it covered up so no one would see it". Jimmy - "Oh believe me, they saw it."

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              LMFAO!!!

I've been in heavy discussion with a "friend" that blocked me on facebook for this pic:

....because I was sanctioning the killing of 1000 blacks. He has too many consonants without proper vowel usage if that clues you in to his voting stance. He has said as a white man, I have to respect freedom of speech and speak carefully as to not harm anyone with an alternative view.

Comment

Working...
                              X