Car Museum at Fair Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Museum at Fair Park

Did anyone check out the car museum at Fair Park? I was hoping to go there but it appears to have been closed about a year ago. Heck, they hardly mentioned it opening much less when it closed. Did anyone ever get a chance to check it out?

i never knew it was there, i would have for sure checked it out with it being so close to me

Comment

Never even knew about it. Definitely would have checked it out.

Comment

well fuck it would have been cool just to see the race cars and that fucking nomad!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehSnhImV-TA[/ame]

Comment

I went a few years back but there was a rap concert and ghetto cars everywhere. Was it the 97.9 the beat museum?

Comment

Never knew it was there. Found this on its demise.

Mustangs previously owned:
            1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
            1992 LX AOD
            1993 LX Drag Car
            1995 GTS
            1997 Cobra
            2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
            Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
            2016 Honda Accord Touring
            2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

I don't think it was around more than 3 years. I saw ONE little display at the fair one year, but they would always clear out the museum to put in a bunch of stupid vendors, so you had to go when the fair was over once they put all the cars back in the building. They did a lousy job of promoting it. I had heard several cars from the Pate collection had made it there. One another note, I went my the train museum on Sunday and the Big Boy is still there and outside the grounds on its own spur getting ready to make the move to Frisco. Its all pretty and shiny now. All of the rolling stock from the museum is already moved out there and this is the last piece. It will be towed there, but they keep cancelling the trip.

Comment

I met a guy that had an old hard top convertible that was on loan to them, and wanted to make the trip out to check out the cars. Never did make it out, and sounds like they closed it. He said it was kinda odd how they had it set up and open, guess that was thier demise.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  ....One another note, I went my the train museum on Sunday and the Big Boy is still there and outside the grounds on its own spur getting ready to make the move to Frisco......
                  I remember stumbling across that display many years ago when I went to the Fair with my kids and wife. Glad it will have a permanent place for people to see. Big Boy is an apt name for that engine!
                  Mustangs previously owned:
                  1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                  1992 LX AOD
                  1993 LX Drag Car
                  1995 GTS
                  1997 Cobra
                  2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                  Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                  2016 Honda Accord Touring
                  2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Working...
                  X