2 missing as UPS cargo plane crashes near Alabama airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 missing as UPS cargo plane crashes near Alabama airport

A federal aviation official says a large UPS cargo plane has crashed near an airport in Birmingham, Ala.

A UPS spokesman confirmed that the plane was a UPS A-300 Airbus, tail number N155UP, with two crew members aboard. The flight originated in Louisville, Ky., and crashed upon its approach in Birmingham. UPS said the crew has not been located.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the crew," the spokesman said.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen told The Associated Press that the plane crashed before dawn Wednesday.

Toni Bast, a spokeswoman for Birmingham's airport authority, said the cargo plane crashed near Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. Bast said the crash site is outside the airport's perimeter fence and has not affected airport operations.

Few other details were immediately available. The plane appears to have crashed in an isolated field and a plume of smoke was seen rising from the site. Teams of emergency crews responded to the crash.

Bergen says she had no information on injuries.

The National Transportation Safety Board said it was deploying a Go-Team from Washington, D.C., to investigate the crash.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/14...#ixzz2bwf6PdNi

Two missing? Does the A-300 have an ejection seat?
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      I was thinking the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
        I was thinking the same thing
        They do not. Commercial designs generally don't.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Wilson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Scott, I'm aware that commercial jet liners do not have an ejection system. I was only trying to amuse myself. Apologies for the distinct lack of humor in my post!
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

oi.

Comment

What can brown do for you?

RIP to those two guys who are "unaccounted" for at the moment
                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

A-300 is a 2 man cockpit crew. Can't remember if they fly the B-4 or the 600R version
                  Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Scott, I'm aware that commercial jet liners do not have an ejection system. I was only trying to amuse myself. Apologies for the distinct lack of humor in my post!
                    X2

Comment

I feel bad, first thing I did was think if I had any packages outstanding. RIP to the pilots if they are not alive. (most likely)
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

UPDATED on FOX they were killed in the crash
                        RIP

Comment

One things for sure if you fly a big bird you cannot crash it or you'll die. RIP

Comment

That sucks those guys didnt make it. What is the protocol for packages damaged or missing?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                              That sucks those guys didnt make it. What is the protocol for packages damaged or missing?
                              I'm sure you're fucked if they weren't insured. I'm not sure what their policy is, but we only give $0.50/lbs if its not insured.

Comment

Working...
                              X