Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with Cops These Days . . .In a word – don't.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hustleman View Post
    Honestly, I love that mentality
    Love what? That I can take care of myself and knowing that calling 911 will not help most situations I can handle myself.

Oh yeah, now that I remember, I did call 911 once. A guy was swerving all over the road around noon one beautiful Sunday. It was a three lane road and I decided to pass him, he swerved right over and hit me as I passed him. When the Dallas cops finally showed up, they gave him a breathalyzer and let him go. He gave them some bullshit about not having insurance too and they told me to just file it under my un-insured/under-insured and let him back on the road. I know cops mentality too, to much paperwork and hassle to bring him in and I have insurance so I was left to deal with it on my own.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

If you don't like police that is fine. Just be sure to remember that if and when your finger is about to that last number 1 digit.
      You mean the last number for the dispatch that may or may not answer, may or may not send your call to a unit who may or may not get there before you're dead? That number?
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Yeah... If you're self reliant or don't like police then handle it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          You mean the last number for the dispatch that may or may not answer, may or may not send your call to a unit who may or may not get there before you're dead? That number?
          Yep, that one

Comment

Yeah... If you're self reliant or don't like police then handle it yourself.
            You should read the article before you open you mouth and criticize the very people you are sworn to protect and serve. It will also help to take off those blue mirrored sunglass' though...
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The whole "I can handle myself" thing works great assuming you can be in two places at once. Say you have a property somewhere and the alarm goes off. Call the PD at midnight in that city and they will be there faster than you can.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                The whole "I can handle myself" thing works great assuming you can be in two places at once. Say you have a property somewhere and the alarm goes off. Call the PD at midnight in that city and they will be there faster than you can.
                Wait the fuck up, didn't you denounce America a few months back because the entire fucking system here is corrupt and took your ass to Australia?!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  You should read the article before you open you mouth and criticize the very people you are sworn to protect and serve. It will also help to take off those blue mirrored sunglass' though...
                  I have no problem doing my job. Where am I criticizing??? I clearly said if you don't like police or have some resentment about police, just remember that when you want to call police for help.

Comment

I have no problem doing my job. Where am I criticizing??? I clearly said if you don't like police or have some resentment about police, just remember that when you want to call police for help.
                    Uhhh, where you said "I love that mentality." I'm assuming that you meant those people that have that type of mentality, correct?
                    Then to me, you are making an assumption on a certain type of people in society that don't feel that the police are here for our/their best interest.
                    I also said that you should read the article in non-biased way, but who the hell am I trying to kid, its you against us, right? Police against citizens/bad guy's.

Comment

I dial 911 all the time testing new phone system implementations. I've never not had one answer.

Although at home my first thought at a noise is not to call 911. Maybe it is dumb, but I know I need to do something NOW - not gather up the kids, hide, call 911 and wait however long.

We did call 911 a few months ago though for a big ass fire in the field behind my house. The FD was there in 10 minutes, which is pretty good considering it's a 6-8 minute drive in a normal car. They do haul ass though.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Wait the fuck up, didn't you denounce America a few months back because the entire fucking system here is corrupt and took your ass to Australia?!
                        Is the United States of America the only place that has police officers?

I like how when you face a question that you can't answer you get all flustered.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Wrong attitude to have, and this is a prime example of why it's an us vs them mentality.

Even the ones that don't like you, still pay your salary. You're awful arrogant about the situation, considering they are the ones making sure your family is fed.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            Is the United States of America the only place that has police officers?

I like how when you face a question that you can't answer you get all flustered.
                            You sound like DJ (Baron), how am I flustered. You had "good" run-in with the a few lawdogs over the weekend and now all of sudden all cops are good?! You need to get some protein in your body hometown, the lack of meat is fucking up your reason to think logically...

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Wrong attitude to have, and this is a prime example of why it's an us vs them mentality.

Even the ones that don't like you, still pay your salary. You're awful arrogant about the situation, considering they are the ones making sure your family is fed.
                              I still complete my duties regardless of a citizens attitude towards police. Merely stating if you don't like or complain about police don't ask for help. Just that simple.

Comment

I still complete my duties regardless of a citizens attitude towards police. Merely stating if you don't like or complain about police don't ask for help. Just that simple.

Even the multiple times I've needed help from the police, I can't really quantify exactly how helpful they have ever been. Oh, a crime happened to you? Okay, I'll write a report. Gee, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X