Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone on here work for O'Reilly auto parts or has worked for them before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naynay View Post
    I'd rather flip urgers
    You will again someday chief.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      Interview question #1:
      Is the radiator cap on a 1978 Beetle to the left or right of the taillight fluid reservoir?
      Almost as good as the how do you time an injection pump on a t44e (aka 7.3 power stroke)

Comment

Originally posted by Droppedlime View Post
        Was assistant manager for awhile at one near Long view. Pay was not that great, discount was usually decent. This was back in 04-06, around 30k without commission.
        What kind of commission do they typically see (as a % of salary I assume)? Assume average performing store.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          What kind of commission do they typically see (as a % of salary I assume)? Assume average performing store.

.5% of their sales. SM gets 1% of total store sales.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            .5% of their sales. SM gets 1% of total store sales.
            Back of the envelope math suggests about 1.59 million average revenue per store. About $15,900 average commission per store manager, $7,950 per assistant manager. I have no real feel for hours worked, but $37,950 doesn't seem bad for an assistant manager.

Now, is it overvalued at 23 P/E?

Or, hell, 2.04 EV/Sales but 16% operating margins.
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Most Assistants aren't going to make that much. Closer to low 30's including commission. Most Asst sell 15-25k a month, but get a few hours of OT weekly. Working on the Pro side that sells to shops is the way to go if a person doesn't want to be a SM. There are some guys moving over 100k out the door a month. You've got to have a few years in the business and a good knowledge base to get to that job, though. Some of those guys are making as much if not more than some low end small SMs.

Comment

I only wish I made enough to rent a house in South Dallas. $$$$$$$$plunge $$$$$$$$plunge!
                south dallas?? i'd rather live in kessler park, than arlington. and no, you dont make anywhere near what i do for a living. lets not go there.
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Ah, I missed that assistant manager commission was a percentage of their sales versus store sales.

Comment

south dallas?? i'd rather live in kessler park, than arlington. and no, you dont make anywhere near what i do for a living. lets not go there.

You're the one bringing up the baller house you rent, dumbass, I couldn't give two shits less about impressing your dumbass with my salary. I'm perfectly comfortable with my average lifestyle.

Comment

You're the one bringing up the baller house you rent, dumbass,
                      I have to see this, where? I haven't been onmuch the last few weeks ... or are we talking about the old Obama threads from the political forum around election time?

Comment

i mentioned i live in a house that is valued at xxxk dollars. i have never bragged. just find it funny that ya'll call it the ghetto when i am the only black person on my block. lots of poor dumbass well to do white people with fucked up priorities i guess. again, i LOL at south dallas.
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          I have to see this, where? I haven't been much the last few weeks ... or are we talking about the old Obama threads from the political forum around election time?

It's been ongoing through several threads, he started talking shit about LaserSVT's "3 bay" shop, then posted up a picture of his project in front of his shitty little 1 car garage in the random pic thread, and someone dug around and found out it doesn't even belong to him. Typical shenanigans.

Comment

i mentioned i live in a house that is valued at xxxk dollars. i have never bragged. just find it funny that ya'll call it the ghetto when i am the only black person on my block. lots of poor dumbass well to do white people with fucked up priorities i guess. again, i LOL at south dallas.

So much hilarity. How many cow skin rugs are in that place?

Comment

so i bragged that it was mine, or just where i keep my things?
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X