X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MattB View Post
      I want a background check on me! I think trublu03 is in love with Eric IMO and they need to hurry and fuck and get it over with. I'm sure the sex will be better than it was with motherjuggz.
      03bluballsgt is actually in love with himself. That is why he turns every cop thread into his own personal ginger douche commercial.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• heh, I remember when I first joined (or soon afterwards) Tali deserved an ass whooping in my book and dodged, ducked, dipped, dived, and dodged it somehow or another. My opinion of that aspect is irrelevant, what matters is just how many people he continually gets that pissed off over the years. Any casual observer is going to know nothing will come of it, but lemmings will be lemmings I guess.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Can we get back to a cop explaining financials to Jody? That's much more entertaining than him and Eric name calling IMO.

Comment

• So is Eric's middle name Arnold? My first name is Roger (named after Staubach) have at it!

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
              So is Eric's middle name Arnold? My first name is Roger (named after Staubach) have at it!

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                heh, I remember when I first joined (or soon afterwards) Tali deserved an ass whooping in my book and dodged, ducked, dipped, dived, and dodged it somehow or another. My opinion of that aspect is irrelevant, what matters is just how many people he continually gets that pissed off over the years. Any casual observer is going to know nothing will come of it, but lemmings will be lemmings I guess.
                Looks like you joined around the time the original JITB, 15 minutes went down. Good times. Hell, I was at Pappa's Pizza every Thursday night back then. If someone really wanted to, I wouldn't have been hard to find. I never missed the big GTGs, parties and car shows when they were all regular things. Still usually don't, they are just very infrequent these days.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                So is Eric's middle name Arnold? My first name is Roger (named after Staubach) have at it!

Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Comment

• Self indulgent wiener.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    Self indulgent wiener.

Did you find out if that was Bud Bundy yet?

Comment

• Fuck no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                        Can we get back to a cop explaining financials to Jody? That's much more entertaining than him and Eric name calling IMO.
                        Lmao. Depends on who you listen to, okay. If you listen to the independent auditors/actuaries, it's negative over a billion dollars. Those same auditors who are using an assumed ongoing rate of return of 8% for a fund that's generated an average of 1.2% over the last three years.

The managers say it's okay ... and hell, they only threw up a return that underperformed a blended index by 220 basis points last year.
                        Last edited by slow99; 09-15-2013, 08:06 PM.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• I'm not so good with ciphering and numbers and other wizardry, but that don't sound too good
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            I'm not so good with ciphering and numbers and other wizardry, but that don't sound too good
                            1 basis point is .01%, so 220 basis points is 2.2%. 2.2% when dealing with money in this scale is a FUCKTON of money

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              1 basis point is .01%, so 220 basis points is 2.2%. 2.2% when dealing with money in this scale is a FUCKTON of money
                              Not speaking on the above mentioned fund anymore, just moving on to an example of how to think about it. Of course, it's just math, but I think a lot of people forget about how it flows through the model. Leaving nothing else changed, a miss in one period flows through and affects all other numbers.

Take a series of numbers in Excel, start with 1,000 (in millions) year 0 and then grow it 10% per year for 5 years. This is a reasonable projection lots of people might use to value something. You'll have something that looks like this:

0 1 2 3 4 5
                              1000 1100 1210 1331 1464.1 1610.51

Now, directly under it, copy the same series of numbers. Instead of returning 10% in the first year, return 7.8% year 1 and leave everything else unchanged.

1000 1078 1185.8 1304.38 1434.82 1578.30

Sum of first series of numbers = 6,716. Sum of second series = 6,581.
                              The $22 million miss at t = 1 translates to a $134 million loss over the period.

Now, if I'm valuing an asset at a multiple of sales (or whatever these numbers may be) ... let's say 6x this terminal value ... my value in the first case is $40,294 million. In the second case, it's $39,488 million. That $22 million loss in the first period negatively impacts my valuation by $806 million.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• All this math is just so tough to understand. I better get a job beating minorities and then covering it up.
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X