ATM Fraud! Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GE View Post
    Do you not think someone could attach a skimmer to a Chase ATM?
    I know it can happen to any of them:

Do you guys not look at the machine your swiping your card on? Those things are pretty obvious most of the time when they are on there, besides at least I know that they will show that I only use my car in two certain places so if anything shows up it's even easier to dispute.
    Last edited by 94form2000z; 01-21-2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I noticed a pending $10 charge on my account for some bar in Montana one day and checked with Chase customer service who told me I had to wait until it was approved before I could dispute it. It was on there for nearly a week when Chase's fraud division e-mailed me and asked for me to call them.

They had already approved two different hotel bills in the UK totalling $1100 and another one in Miami for $400. Whoever managed to figure it out just got my debit card#, they didn't have a PIN and didn't have access to the checking account itself.

Chase mailed me a new card, declined the $10 charge and the other charges never actually showed up in my account.

Comment

Speaking of iTunes. The new scam there is these fucking games. They are free so I load them for my son on his iPad. Inside the game it asks you if you want to buy more "Blueberries" or some shit. It does not ask for your iTunes username and password, just charges your account. Got a $300 charge on my CC from iTunes and checked into it. Looks like over the past few months there were a few $20, $10 charges so I did not notice till I saw the $300. You have to turn off in game purchases in your settings to prevent it....

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          I noticed a pending $10 charge on my account for some bar in Montana one day and checked with Chase customer service who told me I had to wait until it was approved before I could dispute it. It was on there for nearly a week when Chase's fraud division e-mailed me and asked for me to call them.

They had already approved two different hotel bills in the UK totalling $1100 and another one in Miami for $400. Whoever managed to figure it out just got my debit card#, they didn't have a PIN and didn't have access to the checking account itself.

Chase mailed me a new card, declined the $10 charge and the other charges never actually showed up in my account.

Yep, it is bullshit. Last month I had a $2500 "donation" from Washington DC show up on my Chase checking account. I had to wait a almost a week for it to show up before I could dispute it, but they sure can fucking take it out of my account right away!!!!
          I will say they are quick to put it back once you do dispute it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            Speaking of iTunes. The new scam there is these fucking games. They are free so I load them for my son on his iPad. Inside the game it asks you if you want to buy more "Blueberries" or some shit. It does not ask for your iTunes username and password, just charges your account. Got a $300 charge on my CC from iTunes and checked into it. Looks like over the past few months there were a few $20, $10 charges so I did not notice till I saw the $300. You have to turn off in game purchases in your settings to prevent it....
            Why did you even add a credit card number on your son's iPad?
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
              Why did you even add a credit card number on your son's iPad?
              I didnt, it is the iTunes account used to download the games.

Last edited by Chopped54; 01-21-2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                I didnt, it is the iTunes account used to download the games.

http://www.google.com/search?q=itune...x=&startPage=1
                That's why my son's iTunes account does not have a CC on file. He can use gift cards only to make purchases, and once the money is gone he can only download free stuff.

Comment

Same Here....

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  That's why my son's iTunes account does not have a CC on file. He can use gift cards only to make purchases, and once the money is gone he can only download free stuff.
                  I get a email anytime anything is downloaded, just so I can verify if a charge is made.
                  sigpic
                  "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                  through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                  We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                  my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                    Long story short...Tuesday morning I stop to get gas and my debit card declined 4 times. So I'm like WTF? I get to work and see that my bank account is 2800+ negative/overdrawn. So I immediately call and cancel my ATM card (keep in mind my ATM card has not left my wallet)

So I leave work and drive to my Credit Union to dispute the charges. At first the Branch Manage is not buying my store because he states that ATM with draws on my account show to that my card and pin were used. So at that time I'm getting PISSED!

After further investigation turns out that a few other CU members and other bank members had this happened to them on MLK day.

Anyone have this happened to them? I got my money put back on my account today but still that shit was scary never had that happen to me before! I mean I hear of this happening to others but this time it was my turn.

RANT............

That's pretty sketchy.

Comment

Update....

Nemo it's CUofTexas....

Francisco308 yeah got most of my money back...just waiting on a few fee's to get refunded!

These scammers used my card at ATM in Chase Bank off Forest and NWY!
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                      X