'09 Maxima or '08 Civic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '09 Maxima or '08 Civic?

Thinking about buying one if these two. Tired of my '06 Ranger and I'm not baller enough for a new 5.0

Civic gets better gas mileage(which is important to me) but the Maximas seem much nicer

What's y'all's opinion on these two?

Maxima. We have a murano and I have been impressed with nissans quality.

Comment

Depends on how clean each one is. With that said...equal condition I would probably go with the Civic. Had great luck with the Civic we owned. Also you don't find very many people disappointed in their Civic.

Comment

This is kinda apples to oranges... That being said the maxima will be a much nicer car but will probably cost more.

Comment

Maxima

Comment

Ball hard enough for an SVO..

-k

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked SVO View Post
              Ball hard enough for an SVO..

-k

An '86 SVO? Shut up Keith

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                An '86 SVO? Shut up Keith
                Just so happens, I have one for sale! PM ME!

Personally, I would roll the civic if you don't mind missing out on the extra creature comforts and amenities/room the Maxima offers. If it's just you and you S/O, why the need for all the extra space.

-k

Comment

As others have said, depends on what you want out of it. Really, IMO, it comes down to room and creature comforts vs longevity and fuel efficiency.

Comment

As much as I don't like Honda, fuck a bunch of Nissan . So go Honda.

CN

Comment

Civic. I don't like V6 FWD cars. First time you have to make a u-turn in a Maxima, you'll hate it.

Do yourself a favor and look into a G35/37 instead.

Comment

I don't know if it matters to you, or if they changed in the newer models, but every damned nissan that I have ever had to work on have been rat fucking bastards. Nearly having to pull an engine to fix a timing cover, or taking 4 hours to change the fuel injectors for instance. There has only been one car that I truly couldn't fix, a 1998 Nissan Maxima.

When they are running, they are great, but they suck to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                          As much as I don't like Honda, fuck a bunch of Nissan . So go Honda.

CN
                          Fuck Honda. Nissan all the way. Mine will hit 20 years in 2 years.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Bert, my dad has an '11 Maxima, and it's a great car. Expect about 26mpg on the highway. The Civic will give you around 38-40 if driven carefully. These cars are way different as far as amenities and ride/drive. Can't go wrong either way, but they are vastly different.

Comment

Civic

Comment

Working...
                              X