No announcement yet.

"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Founder's Breakfast Stout. Very, very solid. This stuff gives Ten Fidy a run, indeed. Incredible beer. Lots of coffee, bitter chocolate, finishes drier than Fidy. I really didn't let this first one warm long enough experience it through. If you want a world class stout for $10 a four pack, this is a no brainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      i cant say i've had anything worth mentioning from goose island.
      have you had their winter beer? I liked it. and it's 8.2%.
      HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
        In Fort Worth there is a huge Spec's on Bryant Irvin that's in a pricing war with the Total Wine on Hulen. There is also a Goody Goody not too far away so between these three they have some good prices. Regular Rahr, Hops and Grains, Deep Ellum and Southern Star stuff was like 50 cents more than a comparable Budweiser product.

Living here kind of sucks for a beer snob. Bombers are $4 higher in Temple/Waco than in Fort Worth. We have Specs stores everywhere and the Waco HEB stores have a good selection but they cost more and don't get all the good stuff.
        up here, the Spec's on Eastchase and 30 is the best. I used to live by the one on Hulen and Total Wine was so much better. I have another Specs right down the road, but it's small and kinda sucks.
        HD Parts
        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• had humperdinks stormtrooper imperial ipa and ginger bread porter tonight.

Comment

• Lakewood will have bourbon barrel temptress at their tour tomorrow. I think I will make the short trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
              Lakewood will have bourbon barrel temptress at their tour tomorrow. I think I will make the short trip.
              If I wasn't working, I would be there. We're going to try and go on the 21st.

Comment

• Just tried a 'Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA' and its quite tasty and potent at 10%ABV.

Better yet I can get it at my local Albertson's.

Comment

• no brew for me tonight, had to switch it up with a caucasian.

Comment

no brew for me tonight, had to switch it up with a caucasian.
                    fucking A' - I'll go out and mingle.--Jesus, you mix a hell of a Caucasian, Jackie.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                      fucking A' - I'll go out and mingle.--Jesus, you mix a hell of a Caucasian, Jackie.
                      dude

Comment

• tyrone, if you liked that red rye from founders, i think you would enjoy hop head red from green flash brewing co.

Comment

tyrone, if you liked that red rye from founders, i think you would enjoy hop head red from green flash brewing co.
                          Funny you mention that. I was staring down their HHR and West Coast IPA last week and grabbed the latter. This was my first taste of a Green Flash beer and it's one of the best ipa's I've had. I'm going to get the HHR tomorrow.

Comment

• Here is another good beer that is a little hard to find, called Lucky Buddha

Comment

• nice. also had an el chingon ipa on tap at sonny bryans smokehouse the other day. good bbq and all they have is TX beer in bottles or on tap which is cool. it's from 4 corners brewery off singleton right before the margret hunt hill bridge.

it was pretty good. theyre not bottleling beer yet, and i havent seen any of their beers at any bar ive been to.

Comment

nice. also had an el chingon ipa on tap at sonny bryans smokehouse the other day. good bbq and all they have is TX beer in bottles or on tap which is cool. it's from 4 corners brewery off singleton right before the margret hunt hill bridge.

it was pretty good. theyre not bottleling beer yet, and i havent seen any of their beers at any bar ive been to.
                                I've seen lots of 4 Corners stuff at Zio Carlos. They do a good job of keeping all kinds of Texas beers in stock.

I finally tried the Dogfish Head 61 last night, it's basically the 60 minute mixed with some Syrah. It's a dry IPA now, interesting but not something I plan on buying again.

Also opened a bomber if New Belgium's Lips of Faith Wild2. Not bad, it has all of the Belgian yeast flavor but has a very thin mouth feel. Not my favorite but if I wanted a Belgian and they were out of Chimay, Ommegang's offerings, St. Bernardus, Maredsous or Duvel then I'd buy it again.

Had the Austin Beerworks Black Thunder on New Years day at the 24 Diner, it was pretty good. Kind of like a slightly spicier version of Ugly Pug.

Comment

Working...
                                X