"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zora04 View Post
    I'm digging on Odell IPA. I'm gonna have to find this. I live in BFE, are there any sites you know of to order this beer online.
    It's illegal to sell or order beer online in the great state of Texas. Your best bet is to talk to the beer manager at whatever store you buy from and beg/plead. Or there are groups on various websites that do bottle trades.

I forgot about this thread. Since my last update though we went to Jester King again and had Encendia and Nocturn Chrysalis. Encendia is a saison aged in Mezcal barrels for 11 months. A very odd beer with some chili peppers and wild yeast, very good but difficult to describe. Spicy, tons of Mezcal flavor and the souring from natural yeast kind of emulates a citrus note. I'm a fan but it's probably going to be really hard to find. Nocturn Chysalis is their standard sour beer aged in oak casks and refermented with blackberries. A little tart for my tastes and it's bright pink in color. My wife absolutely loved it though. Expensive as all get out at $16 for a 500ml bottle though.

I'll tell you what though I've found a new brewery to add to my top 5 list. Squatters in Utah. Hop Rising is a double IPA and available just about everywhere. Tons of booze, in your face with the floral hops but not bitter at all. And it's cheap for a craft beer, like $9 for a 6 pack. It's 9% abv as well and in cans. I had their Outer Darkness last night. A Russian Imperial Stout with licorice root and molasses added and it's bottle finished. Freakin phenomenal beer.

Comment

• Had Community's Witbier last night and it es quite good. I haven't had a bad beer from them yet.

Comment

• I can find the Odell IPA at the QT down the street in Rowlett, Tx, so I'm pretty sure you will stand a chance in BFE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
          Had Community's Witbier last night and it es quite good. I haven't had a bad beer from them yet.
          their vienna lager is pretty solid!

Comment

• Comment

• upslope isnt too bad. i was at total wine when their head brewer was doing a tasting.

i saw a sierra nevada "4 way ipa" 12 pk at the store today. i hadnt heard, seen, or tasted 3 out of the 4, so i decided i should get it.

nooner session ipa, blindfold black ipa, snow wit white ipa, and the topedo extra ipa (which ive had enough times)
              Last edited by dsrtuckteezy; 06-29-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• A new craft beer spot opened up 5 min from the house.

Growlers + holiday weekend = awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  A new craft beer spot opened up 5 min from the house.

Growlers + holiday weekend = awesome.

Name?
                  Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

• Luck?

Comment

• That one was full of Odell 90 Shilling.

Comment

• Any craft beer joints up in the north DFW/McKinney/Frisco area? I've never been a huge beer drinker and really haven't touched the stuff in 10+ years, but I had some homebrew/craft beer a couple of weekends ago while I was in Florida and it blew my mind at how good it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                          Any craft beer joints up in the north DFW/McKinney/Frisco area? I've never been a huge beer drinker and really haven't touched the stuff in 10+ years, but I had some homebrew/craft beer a couple of weekends ago while I was in Florida and it blew my mind at how good it was.
                          Irish Rover by the ballpark has plenty of tasty beverages.

Comment

• Found a bottle of Moa's Imperial Russian Stout at Shrick's in Weatherford last weekend. It's 100+ ibus, aged in Pinot Noir barrels and comes in at 10%+ abv. If you want a very complex beer with lots of booze this is it. Kind of pricey at $6 for a 355ml bottle but it's fancy with a cork and comes from New Zealand. It's bottle finished

All of their beers are pretty good and they are spreading around the US now. One interesting thing though is their kegs. We've all seen the standard US kegs and I'm sure several of you have seen the fancy rubber Chimay ones. Well Moa uses keykegs, http://www.keykeg.com/

Basically it's a one time use keg and is 100% recyclable. For the brewer it makes life a lot easier since cleaning and sanitizing kegs pretty much sucks. That and they are your kegs, Budweiser can't come in and seize them.

Comment

• Hola from the Baja Peninsula... craft beer this, bitches!

Comment

• LOL Tecate is some nasty shit

Comment

Working...
                                X