"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These two were both very good

This one wasn't bad, but I don't think I would buy it again. Had an almost apple flavor to it.

Comment

• odell brewing chocalate milk stout

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        HH is my favorite Barleywine. Most beers at that alcohol percentage taste like shit, but I like that one. Just one of those bad boys packs a killer buzz.

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
          HH is my favorite Barleywine. Most beers at that alcohol percentage taste like shit, but I like that one. Just one of those bad boys packs a killer buzz.
          Have you tried Chicken Killer from Santa Fe?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            Have you tried Chicken Killer from Santa Fe?
            Yup, I like that one too.

Comment

• They also have Samael but it's a little tough to find. If you see Deep Ellum's Numb Comfort it's one of the better barley wines on the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                I picked up a four pack this weekend and it was really great. This beer serves up like maple syrup and has a decent bite at 10%.

My wife's drinking one right now , good beer for this time of the year. If you see any bombers of Uinta Sea Legs Baltic Porter it's pretty damn good.

Comment

• Stone's Master of Disguise was on tap at the FW Saucer this weekend. The name fits. They call it a golden stout but it smells and tastes like stout. They used a ton of chocolate, coffee and oats instead of dark roasted malts. You get about the same flavor and body but in a light colored beer. Definitely a strange one.

Comment

• Flight with Girl Scout cookie pairings at Luck.

Temptress + thin mint = so good.

Comment

• I tried some Adelbert's (Flying Monks and The Traveler) last night and both were very good. Capped it with 2 IPf'nA from Panther Island. I enjoyed all but the The Traveler was my favorite of the three.

Comment

• Prairie Funky Gold Amarillo. Smelled like a mouthful of pucker, but was really, really mellow on the tongue; I think it being dry-hopped has a lot to do with that.

But jesus christ, is anyone other than Prairie or Jester going to make sours with regularity in these parts?

Comment

• I did not like Funky Gold Amarillo at all. The Collective Brewing Project makes a great sour. Obviously not available in stores, but you can grab a crowler to take home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                            But jesus christ, is anyone other than Prairie or Jester going to make sours with regularity in these parts?
                            Not on a massive scale. They cost a lot more to produce and the margins will never be worth it. The folks that do make them usually have tons of space to cellar, a very talented brewer and are rarely concerned about making a profit.

Comment

• Just found a sixer of shiners birthday beer - this year's a chocolate stout and its pretty good. Definitely wouldn't want to drink a case of it quickly though.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                                Just found a sixer of shiners birthday beer - this year's a chocolate stout and its pretty good. Definitely wouldn't want to drink a case of it quickly though.
                                Liquid tootsie roll
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X