"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
    Just found a sixer of shiners birthday beer - this year's a chocolate stout and its pretty good. Definitely wouldn't want to drink a case of it quickly though.

I drain poured the one I had. Way too thin and couldn't get over the tootsie roll flavor.

Had a raspberry Temptress with dinner tonight and I'm about to get in to some Victory At Sea.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
      Not on a massive scale. They cost a lot more to produce and the margins will never be worth it. The folks that do make them usually have tons of space to cellar, a very talented brewer and are rarely concerned about making a profit.
      It's always going to be a marginal format, but most every other vaguely mature beer market has a few breweries consistently going at it. It's hard enough to find anyone doing barrel-aged shit, which almost passe at this point. Maybe I'm being bitchy, but how many breweries do we need in the area shitting out subtle variations on the same 5 formats?

Comment

• Just had tried revolver blood and honey today. Not bad. 7% doesn't hurt either

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Just had tried revolver blood and honey today. Not bad. 7% doesn't hurt either
          Their bock is great
          2012 GT500

Comment

• odells runoff red ipa, sierra nevada 2015 beer camp, hoffbrau dunkel, and some dales

Comment

Just found a sixer of shiners birthday beer - this year's a chocolate stout and its pretty good. Definitely wouldn't want to drink a case of it quickly though.
              I can't agree. Absolutely do not like it. I love young's double chocolate, but this shit is just nasty.

I've had some left over from my birthday in Jan for almost a month now. I had 4 in the fridge, considered myself to be out of beer and went to buy something else to drink.
              sigpic

Comment

• I've seen the shiner birthday beer several times at the store, and the only thing that comes to mind is over sugared trash. Even the box is off-putting. Looks cheap.

Never have been big on shiner anyways

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  odells runoff red ipa, sierra nevada 2015 beer camp, hoffbrau dunkel, and some dales

Really digging the Beer Camp and have gone through about 3 six packs in as many weeks.

Picked up some of these yesterday to try:
                  Runoff Red IPA
                  Red Hook Winter Hook
                  Victory Anniversary 19 Session IPA
                  Sorachi Ace Dubbel
                  Real Ale Phoenix Double ESB
                  Ballast Point Dorada Double IPA

Comment

• Stopped by Lazy Magnolia Brewing on my recent trip to NOLA and the gulf areas and got to taste their 10th Anniversary beer straight out of the tank about a week from being complete. It is going to be a damn good beer.

Comment

• Somehow I found a sixer of Rahr Summer Wheat today. Its tasty as always and pairs well with this snowy weather.

Comment

• I wish I had a thick porter right now, but I'm stuck with bourbon

Comment

• A buddy shipped me some black butte porter from deschuttes, I'm stoked.

Comment

A buddy shipped me some black butte porter from deschuttes, I'm stoked.
                            It's a decent brew, light in abv though. Do yall not have that up there? It's at most anywhere around here year round

Comment

• Nah not in VA. It was something we'd always pick up in Oregon, then when we moved here it just disappeared.

They also don't sell Big Red soda within like 80 miles of me

Comment

• My go-to's lately have just been Rahr's Iron Thistle ($7.29 at Spec's) and Saint Arnold Sorachi Ace Dubbel ($6.99 at Spec's).

I frequent No Frills in south Arlington and found that they had Rahr's Snowmageddon on tap for cheap. Took advantage of that a couple times per week till they ran out last week.
                                HD Parts
                                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Working...
                                X