X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
    My go-to's lately have just been Rahr's Iron Thistle
    Same here tonight

Last edited by Strychnine; 03-06-2015, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• St. Arnold santo is my go to right now
      Last edited by Cobraman; 03-18-2015, 08:45 AM. Reason: Suunto =/= Santo. Damn watches
      2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Sane here tonight

It's so easily drinkable. I also have 2 cases of Cedar Creek Elliot's Phoned Home Pale Ale just sitting here.
        HD Parts
        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

I frequent No Frills in south Arlington...
          I haven't been there in probably 10 years. Is it still a toilet?

Comment

• If you see the Hell's half acre 4 packs they are Iron Joe right now. Iron Thistle with some Avoca coffee extract.

Iron Thistle is still one of my favorites, I've had at least 5 this week.

Comment

• was going to get the iron thistle for tonight, but ive had it on several occasions, so i picked up some lagunitas night time

Comment

• Iron Thistle makes em whistle.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                  I haven't been there in probably 10 years. Is it still a toilet?
                  I've been going there since prob '99. It's changed a lot over time and is really popular with families and with people that just prefer the bar side of the restaurant. Decent selection of beer on tap. They just opened up a new location down in Burleson. The one in Fort Worth is closer to me, but I prefer the one off 287.
                  HD Parts
                  paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• So Sierra Nevada has figured out a way to distill hop oils now. I bought a six pack of their Hop Hunter this weekend and finally tried one. If you want a blow your head off hop content without being resinous, acidic or bitter this is your beer.

I didn't really like it much but being from Texas where we don't have fresh hops it's something I'm not used to in my beer. They didn't really try to balance out the malt character, it's like a pale lager with a crap ton of hops added.

I also picked up a sixer of Epic's Lil Brainless on Raspberries. I didn't even know they offered this but it's in cans and it's cheap. Again not a fan but I can appreciate the effort. If you want a low ABV pink beer that's thin and fizzy this is it. Kind of like if you took schooner of Coors Light and mixed in a 4 ounce pour of a framboise.

To make up for those two though I found Epic's Big Bad Baptist along with a bomber of Lagunitas Sucks. Both are fantastic beers!

Comment

• My ol'lady was told by folk at her work that Revolver blood&honey was good. We ended up buy 2 six pack. That is some spicy beer. Taste like mexica. Beer after a few. Would not get again.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                        My ol'lady was told by folk at her work that Revolver blood&honey was good. We ended up buy 2 six pack. That is some spicy beer. Taste like mexica. Beer after a few. Would not get again.
                        def does NOT taste like a mexican beer. lol. It's more like a belgian wit with some other flavor added.
                        HD Parts
                        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• Lincolnboy is straight up retarded, but I would party with him.

Let's me lincolnboy and buzzo go to clubhouse. What say you?

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                            Lincolnboy is straight up retarded, but I would party with him.

Let's me lincolnboy and buzzo go to clubhouse. What say you?
                            Wut i say. Not with someone that the first 3 letter remind me of a racing crew at irving high back in the '90

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                              My ol'lady was told by folk at her work that Revolver blood&honey was good. We ended up buy 2 six pack. That is some spicy beer. Taste like mexica. Beer after a few. Would not get again.
                              I absolutely fucking love Blood & Honey.

You've licked too many batteries or ate too many paint chips if you think it tastes like political corruption cartel piss water.
                              sigpic

Comment

def does NOT taste like a mexican beer. lol. It's more like a belgian wit with some other flavor added.
                                It's very similar to Sam Adams Cherry Wheat but with blood oranges and local honey (from Fall Creek Farms in Granbury) instead of the cherrys. Yeah it's definitely not a Mexican style at all, those are pretty much exclusively pale lagers.

I generally don't care for wheat beers but Blood & Honey is outstanding. It has a higher abv and a thicker body and I really like blood oranges.

Lincolnboy, if you think it was "spicy or too much" then I'd suggest trying a few blonde style beers. They might be called Helles or even Munich style. Lakewood Lager, Rahr Blonde, Southern Star's Bombshell or Deep Ellum's are all pretty good examples of the style. If you like those then check out Alts and Kolsch styles. They get progressively heavier but without the edgier hop profiles that most non craft beer people hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X