No announcement yet.

"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, that's it. Fuck craft beer. Revolver bock was the most bitter one yet.
    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Alright, that's it. Fuck craft beer. Revolver bock was the most bitter one yet.
      There are a lot more styles of beer than Bocks. Traditionally a Bock is slightly sweet with a little bit of bitterness to even it out to go along with low carbonation. If you can't handle Revolver's then forget about the style, it's only at 28 IBUs which is right in line with what a Bock is supposed to be.

I'd recommend picking up a good Belgian style beer before giving up. St. Bernardus Abt 12 is about the best you can get without heading to Europe and it's easy to find. Or Chimay Grand Reserve (blue) might even be available at a good Walmart. If you want American I'd say try Victory's Golden Monkey. It's relatively cheap and is a Belgian Triple style, lots of booze and not a lot of hops.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
        There are a lot more styles of beer than Bocks. Traditionally a Bock is slightly sweet with a little bit of bitterness to even it out to go along with low carbonation. If you can't handle Revolver's then forget about the style, it's only at 28 IBUs which is right in line with what a Bock is supposed to be.

I'd recommend picking up a good Belgian style beer before giving up. St. Bernardus Abt 12 is about the best you can get without heading to Europe and it's easy to find. Or Chimay Grand Reserve (blue) might even be available at a good Walmart. If you want American I'd say try Victory's Golden Monkey. It's relatively cheap and is a Belgian Triple style, lots of booze and not a lot of hops.
        +2
        St Bernardus is great but watch out on the Golden Monkey-2 or 3 of those and you will be more than good to go

Comment

I picked up a bomber of Boxer's Revenge, Funk Metal and Hibernal Dichotomous. All great beers and in the case of Boxer's Revenge it hides the 10.8% abv very well!
          More than a bit jealous of that.

Comment

• I had to drop the beer snob act for a bit and pick up some miller high life. Kinda nostalgic for me, first beer I ever got drunk off of

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              More than a bit jealous of that.
              They also had Black Metal in stock for a change.

Comment

I guess I only like the blonde?? beers. The lighter color ones. And it seems I hate the hops taste. Any amount of bitterness is not for me.
                WH

Comment

• You probably like ales and some pilsners as well. Mexican beer would be good as well as most other light lagers. Try twisted x lager.

I think 80% of craft beer is shit actually...and theres a reason its not popular.

Try a lighter coffee porter, or a lighter flavored stout as well. Lighter dark beers are surprisingly easy to drink.

You wont like any IPA, rye PA, or any other PA for that matter. I hate them as well because theyre all really hoppy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

I think 80% of craft beer is shit actually...and theres a reason its not popular.
                    This fuckin' guy.

Comment

• It's that kinda day.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        I had to drop the beer snob act for a bit and pick up some miller high life. Kinda nostalgic for me, first beer I ever got drunk off of
                        That's what I'm talking about.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          I had to drop the beer snob act for a bit and pick up some miller high life. Kinda nostalgic for me, first beer I ever got drunk off of
                          Nice. My go to for those days/weeks seems to be PBR tallboys or some good ol' Lone Star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            It's that kinda day.
                            We're supposed to be getting Karbach up here soon.

Comment

• i'm sure i mentioned this before, but my buddies buddy owns karbach.

he brought me back some rodeo clown while in houston and holy fucking acid reflux!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                It's that kinda day.

Had that last weekend at the brass tap.

Does it have an acetaminophen after taste to you?

Comment

Working...
                                X