Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Ahem...shiner...
    They are 100% owned by Gambrinus and use artificial ingredients (food coloring specifically), not a craft brewery.

From the Brewer's Association website:

Independent

Less than 25 percent of the craft brewery is owned or controlled (or equivalent economic interest) by an alcoholic beverage industry member that is not itself a craft brewer.

Traditional

A brewer that has a majority of its total beverage alcohol volume in beers whose flavor derives from traditional or innovative brewing ingredients and their fermentation. Flavored malt beverages (FMBs) are not considered beers.

Comment

• And if ya don't know, now ya know...

Comment

• Shiner is and always will be a craft beer to me. They treated me well even from the first time i visited back before all these crappy small breweries started up.

And there are political and financial drivers for the BAs definition of craft beer. Theyre the last people id care to hear a definition from after literally changing their max brew outputs to allow sam adams to take part.

Lastly, and most importantly, if im not mistaken gambrinus is still a craft brewery according to the BA requirements so they are further solidified as a craft brewery.

"Now ya know..."

Comment

• Ill just park this here...haha

Comment

• Hopadillo from Karbach was pretty awesome. Canned beers are my favorite. Really drinkable and smelled like fresh cut grass.

Their 10% Rodeo Clown double ipa was a too hoppy and tough to drink after dinner.

Comment

• So the GABF finished up this weekend and Texas brought home 15 medals, 9 of which were gold.

Rahr won two gold medals, their first golds ever btw. This years Oktoberfest and The Regulator which is their doppelbock/eisbock.

Also Panther Island won silver with their Allergeez which is awesome because I think it's the first time they've ever competed. Rabbit Hole's brown ale also won a silver. Twin Peaks even won a bronze with their barrel aged brown ale, although I've never actually seen this beer.

An awesome showing from DFW area breweries. Even though somehow Grapevine, Lakewood and Peticolas didn't make the list. I imagine they'll be back next year though.

The complete list is https://www.greatamericanbeerfestiva...ition/winners/

Comment

• Nice! I just picked up a 6er of rahr octoberfest. Now I'm excited
                2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                  I have some in my fridge right now. It is really good, but I can only drink one per session. Too much sweetness for a session drink.

CN
                  My wife also picked a 6pack of this root beer this weekend. I think its great, but it is a one drink a time kind of thing. I like sweet drinks and I couldn't drink more than one.

I will say, I used to mix root beer with jager and this stuff is pretty much the same taste.

Comment

• Just found a few cases of dogsfish head punkin ale. Could be my favorite. Always seems to be hard to find.
                    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
                      Just found a few cases of dogsfish head punkin ale. Could be my favorite. Always seems to be hard to find.
                      That was the first beer DFH ever went to market with. If you remember the pumpkin chucking show they used to have that's what really gave the brewery some exposure. Sam thought it'd be cool to have a pumpkin beer at the competition and it just blew up from there.

It is good obviously but if you see St. Arnold's Pumpkinator it's on a whole different level. It's also their Divine Reserve #9 and some of those bottles are floating around still.

Comment

• Does anyone have a list of texas oktoberfests? Or fall beer festivals?

Comment

• i was sad the BJ's didn't have their pumpkin beer out yet when I went Sunday eve. what say ye experts? is it good or BS?

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                            I finally tried "not your father's rootbeer" today. that shit could be very dangerous, it's delicious.
                            Originally posted by ftp View Post
                            Just tried "not your father's root beer" pretty damn impressive. I usually don't like stuff like that but it's amazing and 5.9 % alcohol and taste like zero%
                            Next time make a Root Beer Float with one

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Does anyone have a list of texas oktoberfests? Or fall beer festivals?
                              You missed the boat for most of them. Addison's was two weeks ago, Fort Worth's last weekend. However T&P Tavern does a pretty good one and it's this Saturday.

The FW Flying Saucer's Beerfeast is 10/10

Untapped Dallas is 11/7

Comment

• I didn't really care for the Dogfish Punkin'. Stephens Point Whole Hog was ok. My favorites are Pumpkinator, Southern Tier Warlock and Southern Tier Pumking, in that order. Had a Ballast Point Pumpkin Down which is their Piper Down Scottish Ale with pumkin and spice added and it was decent. I'm still sitting on a few '14 Pumpkinators. It will be interesting to see how they held up. Avery PumpKYn and Rumpkin are supposed to be badass. I got a PumpKYn last year, but haven't opened it yet. I'm waiting until I can get a back up. I missed out on the Rumpkin last year, so I'll be looking to score a couple this time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X