No announcement yet.

"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the red dots are breweries downtown within walking distance. Very different from here.
    Attached Files
    HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      How's the Dead Ringer?
      I'm a fan. I find myself going for all the Oktoberfests lately, which is kinda odd for me.

Oh, btw, this was GREAT. Solid recommendation! I haven't liked much of the coffee stuff in the past, but this one is perfect. So much flavor packed into that bottle.

Comment

• So is anyone else heading to the FW Saucer's Beerfeast this weekend?

Raison D'Extra, Uncle Jacob's stout, Stickee Monkee, Abt 12 Oak Aged, Uinta Labyrinth and a freakin Lobstah Beer.

Comment

• I'm currently tearing my way through Utah and Colorado

Comment

• So I'm still feeling the affects of Beerfeast on Saturday. Had about 3 too many Belgian Quads. DFH's Raison D'Extra and Stickee Monkee from Firestone Walker were my two winners. It was a pretty decent list even though someone somehow swiped a keg of Goose Island's Rye Bourbon County.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
              It was a pretty decent list even though someone somehow swiped a keg of Goose Island's Rye Bourbon County.
              Oh, shit. I didn't hear about that one. Vanilla Rye?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                Oh, shit. I didn't hear about that one. Vanilla Rye?
                The official word was that they couldn't find it. The banner had an X on it when they opened. I don't remember which version just that it was a rye.

Comment

• Rabbit hole's newest offering
                  2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    Rabbit hole's newest offering
                    I had the 561 back in May and the Hops and Props event. If you like a Kolsch style Franconias is pretty good.

Comment

I had the 561 back in May and the Hops and Props event. If you like a Kolsch style Franconias is pretty good.
                      I like it. It isn't a go to, but I'm a hockey fan so that helps.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

• So if you guys are into pumpkin beers I had BJ's last night and it was great. Most of them are way too sweet and thick for my tastes, this one is like a good Marzen style but with a ton of pumpkin goodness.

They are pushing it with a shot of Hot Damn but I bet if they mixed it something like Gentleman Jack it'd be fantastic. Not that it needs a shot of anything, it's good on it's own.

Their PM porter was not that good, kind of sour. I actually think it might have been an infected batch. Their Oktoberfest was super sweet like most of them. Good if you want a sweet beer, I don't. Their Pirahna used to be one of my favorites but it's a little to malt forward now in my opinion, I want something like Pride of Texas or Dale's in a pale ale now.

Also had their Studio Session IPA. It was what I expected, hoppy and light bodied. Okay for the style.

Topped it off by splitting a Mephistopheles with my wife. So yeah I had too many beers while suffering through the Ranger game and I'm feeling it today.

Comment

So if you guys are into pumpkin beers I had BJ's last night and it was great. Most of them are way too sweet and thick for my tastes, this one is like a good Marzen style but with a ton of pumpkin goodness.

They are pushing it with a shot of Hot Damn but I bet if they mixed it something like Gentleman Jack it'd be fantastic. Not that it needs a shot of anything, it's good on it's own.

Their PM porter was not that good, kind of sour. I actually think it might have been an infected batch. Their Oktoberfest was super sweet like most of them. Good if you want a sweet beer, I don't. Their Pirahna used to be one of my favorites but it's a little to malt forward now in my opinion, I want something like Pride of Texas or Dale's in a pale ale now.

Also had their Studio Session IPA. It was what I expected, hoppy and light bodied. Okay for the style.

Topped it off by splitting a Mephistopheles with my wife. So yeah I had too many beers while suffering through the Ranger game and I'm feeling it today.
                          Thanks for the heads up...my wife has been wanting a good pumpkin beer so well go grab that.

Their PM porter is my favorite and ive never thought of it as a sour...maybe yours really was a bad batch.

Comment

• What the fuck is with the recent pumpkin obsession? Is it just the newest "in crowd" thing to do? I want to kick everyone in the face when they bring up whatever "pumpkin spice" garbage they are eating/drinking. Pumpkin isn't now, nor has it ever been good!
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              What the fuck is with the recent pumpkin obsession? Is it just the newest "in crowd" thing to do? I want to kick everyone in the face when they bring up whatever "pumpkin spice" garbage they are eating/drinking. Pumpkin isn't now, nor has it ever been good!
                              Thank starbucks, and Its not new...started probably 3-5 years ago...its just nearing a peak. Its definitely a key trait of a "basic" girl, so people are just accepting it.

Also, you dont taste the pumpkin in most of this stuff...its the seasonings. Kind of like pumpkin pie.

I think its also popular because it reminds people of fall, cooler weather, holidays, etc etc

I saw pumpkin spice protein earlier...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Thank starbucks, and Its not new...started probably 3-5 years ago...its just nearing a peak.
                                I realize it started when Starbucks launched their pumpkin garbage, and yeah that was 3-5 years ago roughly. That's still recent to me.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Its definitely a key trait of a "basic" girl, so people are just accepting it.
                                That is another one that bothers me. Since when did being a basic bitch be something to be proud of? These stupid cunts are all over facebook, blasting to the world how basic they are. In my mind, basic = stupid as fuck. So congrats, whores! Now you're a stupid cunt instead of just being a regular cunt.

Also, you dont taste the pumpkin in most of this stuff...its the seasonings. Kind of like pumpkin pie.
                                And that makes it even more absurd. Nobody likes pumpkin anything. Ever. What they're really after is the nutmeg, cinnamon, all spice, and cloves.

I saw pumpkin spice protein earlier...
                                Was it in the homosexual section of GNC? Because any male drinking pumpkin spice anything has most certainly had at least one cock in or around their mouth before.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X