Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
    I need to start brewing
    Do it! If you need any info or help give me a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      Do it! If you need any info or help give me a shout.
      Thanks bro!
      Your # still 3883? I actually came across it last night in my phone and was going to see how you were doing with the kiddo and stuff.

I'll probably take you up on that, but it'll have to be over the phone..

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
        Thanks bro!
        Your # still 3883? I actually came across it last night in my phone and was going to see how you were doing with the kiddo and stuff.

I'll probably take you up on that, but it'll have to be over the phone..
        Yep, same number. Everything is good, kiddo is great. Not much free time these days, but brewing has been a nice little hobby to fill in the gaps. Hope all is well on your end.

Comment

and he is still handsome as ever!

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I picked up a sampler pack of Brooklyn Brewery beer the other day and so far I've had the Lager, IPA and Pennant Ale '55 and enjoyed all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              and he is still handsome as ever!

god bless.
              A face only a mother could love!

Comment

I'm going to 4Peaks in Phoenix tonight, they have some good beers. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Franconia- Dunkel
                  '04 Mach 1

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    That's an average, depending on how alcohol tolerant the yeast is it might vary a couple of percent either way. A large brewery like Ommegang or the Boston Beer Company will have a team of scientists that raise their yeast and they can blend batches. Smaller ones just go with strains they've used before and bottle whatever comes out of the tanks, after verifying it's up to their standards of course.

I noticed they have a V-12 beer now, advertised as a Belgian Quad. I'm guessing they figured out a consistent 12% recipe. I remember buying Golden Monkey though specifically due to it having the 12% abv on their bottle.
                    Every 6 pack of this I've ever had has said 9.5. Same with World of Beer's app since I go there a lot.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• my buddy's friend owns karbach brewery in houston.

got to try the rodeo clown double ipa, the weekend warrior pale ale, and the roshambo belgian ipa.

the weekend warrior might be the best pale ale i've ever had. unfortunately none of their offering are in DFW....yet.

Comment

• has anybody tried the newer sam adams stuff? or at least i think it's new. never been big on sam adams since theyre a macro micro brewery so to speak, although their boston lager has never been too bad.

i tried a lattitude 48 ipa and noble pils the other day and was pleasantly surprised. not bad at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          has anybody tried the newer sam adams stuff? or at least i think it's new. never been big on sam adams since theyre a macro micro brewery so to speak, although their boston lager has never been too bad.

i tried a lattitude 48 ipa and noble pils the other day and was pleasantly surprised. not bad at all.

I bought a case of the newer stuff from Costco back in March. It was pretty decent for the price. It had the Tasman Red, Third Voyage, Dark Depths, and Grumpy Monk. I haven't sought any of them out since finishing the case but would buy it again in a heartbeat if Costco picks them back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                            I bought a case of the newer stuff from Costco back in March. It was pretty decent for the price. It had the Tasman Red, Third Voyage, Dark Depths, and Grumpy Monk. I haven't sought any of them out since finishing the case but would buy it again in a heartbeat if Costco picks them back up.
                            good to hear. i'll pick up a sampler case if i come across one.

bought a couple of more of the six point bengali tigers, an alaskan black ipa, souther star walloon, and a st. arnold biere de saison for some monday night football.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                              good to hear. i'll pick up a sampler case if i come across one.

bought a couple of more of the six point bengali tigers, an alaskan black ipa, souther star walloon, and a st. arnold biere de saison for some monday night football.
                              Alaskan Black is a good one. When Grapevine Beer & Wine was blowing that stuff out for $4.99 a sixer at the end of last winter, I bought two cases of it.

Had some Founder's Red's Rye PA last night. It was fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                                this is not the stuff he was talking about. the stuff you mentioned is smaller batch, aka better quality. Everything else from Sam Adams is headed the way of a macro craft beer.
                                HD Parts
                                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Working...
                                X