"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    Sunday's lineup, it was a long fucking day.

nice. how was the pluot? i went on an ipa binge a while back ( with a dales and blue moon thrown in for good measure!)

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      nice. how was the pluot? i went on an ipa binge a while back ( with a dales and blue moon thrown in for good measure!)
      The Pluot was interesting. A little underwhelming given how good the rest of the Lips of Faith stuff is, but super drinkable for a 10% beer. The nose reeks of fruit, but I didn't get a lot of that in the taste at all, oddly enough.

The Tart of Darkness that we drank right after was absolutely delicious.

Comment

• Have cooler, will travel. Complete with filter for Jimmy.

Happy Thanksgiving, gents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Have cooler, will travel. Complete with filter for Jimmy.

Happy Thanksgiving, gents.
          Pack it in. Pack it out!

Comment

• the liquor store by my house went from 6.99 for a sixer of dales to 8.99. dicks

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              the liquor store by my house went from 6.99 for a sixer of dales to 8.99. dicks
              Check out Total Wine. It almost always 6.99 there. They've got some really great beer prices all around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                Check out Total Wine. It almost always 6.99 there. They've got some really great beer prices all around.
                oh yeah that's my go to place when i feel like driving into dallas. it's the only oskar blues they keep in the fridge at park ln.

Comment

• btw, that modus hoperandi i have pictured above in the green can, is an excellent canned ipa. i wish more breweries canned their beer, much more convenient.

Comment

• They need to open a Total Wine in Arlington now that they can. Nearest place with decent beer is the Spec's off Eastchase. The one on Pioneer sucks.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                      They need to open a Total Wine in Arlington now that they can.
                      You don't know how bad I want this. I'm betting they open one somewhere along I30.

Comment

• about to roll out to total wine here in a bit. going to look for the founders red rye ipa and the rasputin imperial stout.

going to load up on a bunch of porters and stouts

Comment

• my spoils:

upslope ipa
                          la fin du monde
                          lakewood hopp trapp
                          rahr stormcloud
                          elliots phone home
                          sixpoint resin
                          modus hoperandi
                          founders red rye ipa
                          left hand nitro milk stout
                          sierra nevada narwhal
                          southern tier 2x milk stout
                          left hand fade to black
                          old rasputin russian imperial stout

Comment

• Nice grab. As much as I want to like Stormcloud, I think its ok at best. Lagunitas Brown Shugga is back. It's a must try if you haven't yet.

Comment

• i'll definitely check that one out. i'll post up tomorrow night what i thought about these beers, although i will say that red rye ipa was delicious. i would compare it to the abita jockamo ipa ive had. they both have that slight caramel taste/smell.

tyrone, any sites you'd recommend checking out for home brewing? i want to give it a shot
                              Last edited by dsrtuckteezy; 12-01-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• "Craft" beer recommendation

Sipping magic hat sampler at the moment, got a Sam Adams sampler, some bison gingerbread, a ravens roost Baltic porter, a sixer of red nose winter ale, and Samuel smith nut brown ale. We went out to grab pizza for the family earlier and had a sweet baby Jesus chocolate peanut butter porter and a hoppocolypse imperial red. So much deliciousness. So little time.

Comment

Working...
                                X