No announcement yet.

"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a teen I used to drink a lot of keystone. It was what was available, in the back of our friend's grandad's truck. He always kept it nice and cold! lol
    WH

Comment

• There's a bicycle brewery tour around fort worth this weekend. First stop rahr. I'll be riding.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        As a teen I used to drink a lot of keystone. It was what was available, in the back of our friend's grandad's truck. He always kept it nice and cold! lol
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          You probably like ales and some pilsners as well. Mexican beer would be good as well as most other light lagers. Try twisted x lager.

I think 80% of craft beer is shit actually...and theres a reason its not popular.

Try a lighter coffee porter, or a lighter flavored stout as well. Lighter dark beers are surprisingly easy to drink.

You wont like any IPA, rye PA, or any other PA for that matter. I hate them as well because theyre all really hoppy.
          80% of craft beer is, well, medicore at best, and it's precisely because it is popular that it's mediocre. Hoppy-ness really got into vogue and it's become an easy way to make a beer that people will take notice of even if it's not particularly great. Just look at Dogfish Head's IPAs: they're not necessarily bad, but they're not particularly well-done, they're just insane and generate a lot of talk.

Hoppyness is an acquired taste for a lot of people, but don't most people find beer/spirits to be an acquired taste to begin with? All of that said, there's a helluvalot more to "craft" beer than pure hop-factor anyway. The reality is that each major city now has at least 4 or 5 breweries making the same 4 or 5 variations on the same 4 or 5 formats, and that mediocre shit gets labeled "craft" just the same as the one or two breweries in each major town that are doing really great work.

Seriously, Gasser, go find some basic belgian trappist ales that should be in most grocery store aisles at this point. Give it several tries before you give up, your tastebuds can gain an appreciation for it.

Comment

• If hoppy beer was an acquired taste id be an addict by now just because i try so many craft beers.

Ive been saying it for awhile now...but i think craft beer is the next "shale".

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              Nah, think I'll stick around. Got such a problem with me? There's the door ->
              Last edited by Gasser64; 06-03-2015, 08:26 PM.
              WH

Comment

Ive been saying it for awhile now...but i think craft beer is the next "shale".
                Lmao, no doubt. The market's getting a little frothy, that's for sure.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Does it have an acetaminophen after taste to you?
                  I was thinking more like bitter citrus lol

Btw drinking is definitely more fun poolside in the scorching heat

Last edited by Strychnine; 06-05-2015, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Even better IN the pool. This is one of those binge drinking Fridays.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Lmao, no doubt. The market's getting a little frothy, that's for sure.

Texas came in fairly late to the craft beer game and still has room for growth. I'll use Portland as an example for comparison. Population of 600k+, about 60 breweries. DFW metroplex, population 6 million+, 25 or so breweries now, maybe closer to 30 by the end of the year. I don't think we'll get to where a city like Portland is, nor do we need to, but it shows the difference in regional popularity. If anything, now that the laws have changed, the number of breweries is going to level off pretty soon and brew pubs will trend upward for a couple of years.

Comment

• Easiest beer to drink ever. Pretty much keystone.

And dont even act like breweries arent over populated. Like 100 in each major fucking town.

Comment

• Easiest beer to drink ever. Pretty much keystone.

And dont even act like breweries arent over populated. Like 100 in each major fucking town.

Comment

• I do a lot of work at rahr. Sometimes it has it's perks.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• What do you guys think about Shiner Prickly Pear?

I'm going to drink what's left in the fridge but i don't think I'll buy any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                What do you guys think about Shiner Prickly Pear?

I'm going to drink what's left in the fridge but i don't think I'll buy any more.
                                Pretty much the same, I'll drink it if someone offers it but I'd rather buy Ruby Redbird.
                                QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Working...
                                X