No announcement yet.

Cold weather, Ice, Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slushy around 8:00 am. I bailed after waiting for someone else to show up for work and that was 183 / Beltline in Irving.

All the roads have refrozen around Irving as best as I can tell.

I love my 4 x4 truck. Pretty easy drive given the weather but that was before it refroze.

Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
      Anyone know how 183 is headed into Watauga? I have to go pick up my son.
      Not worth you or your sons life and definitely not worth your new truck getting all smashed up.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Anyone know how 183 is headed into Watauga? I have to go pick up my son.
        183 is NEVER pleasant, but depending on where you're coming from Hwy 10 or even trinity blvd may be more viable options.. but i'm not there and have no idea of road conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Not worth you or your sons life and definitely not worth your new truck getting all smashed up.
          Is it wrong that I'm more concerned about driving my truck rather than picking my son up?
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Made it to mansfield, roads are wet, bridges are more fucked than this morning.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
              183 is NEVER pleasant, but depending on where you're coming from Hwy 10 or even trinity blvd may be more viable options.. but i'm not there and have no idea of road conditions.
              I thought about taking the back roads all the way to Rufe Snow but they're probably worse than the highways.
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
                Made it to mansfield, roads are wet, bridges are more fucked than this morning.
                Its not as bad in Arlington/Mansfield as it is up north. My sister lives on Sublet & 157 and she has gone out to the store and back and its just slushy. I just saw my neighbor sliding around in his Honda coming back from the grocery store and he barely made it to his driveway, its a sheet of ice up and down out hood...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I really wish I still had my 4Runner today. Lake Lewisville Marina is fucked:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/storie...ook-like%22%5D
                  I have seen the same thing happen in a couple of parking spots were the roof collapsed from the weight of the ice. The over hangs are not built to handle the weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Its not as bad in Arlington/Mansfield as it is up north. My sister lives on Sublet & 157 and she has gone out to the store and back and its just slushy. I just saw my neighbor sliding around in his Honda coming back from the grocery store and he barely made it to his driveway, its a sheet of ice up and down out hood...

Roads look like solid ice in North Arlington, but I'm basing that off my street. I haven't left the house and I'm not going to. lol

Comment

• I30 at trinity bridge shut down because of ice.
                      2014 GT
                      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

• Looks like there's good traffic on the highways in the metroplex.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• drive wasn't too bad a lot of stupid people out here. Headed back to Irving now.
                          Last edited by idrivea4banger; 12-06-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Roads look like solid ice in North Arlington, but I'm basing that off my street. I haven't left the house and I'm not going to. lol
                            It was fine most of the morning on well traveled streets but it all that slush started to refreeze around 3 when I headed home.

Comment

drive wasn't too bad a lot of stupid people out here.
                              Tell me about it. The Kaufman area didn't get hit that hard and the roads are fine except for the bridges. People are still driving 40mph out here. My personal favorite was getting stuck behind a girl in an Xterra. She kept slowing down for "bridges" that weren't open underneath, they had guard rails, but had solid ground under them.

Comment

• Well, one winter weather lesson learned at my house by the 7 year old: lie on your back to do snow angels. LMAO, funny as hell watching her try it on her face.

Comment

Working...
                                X