No announcement yet.

Cold weather, Ice, Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dared to venture out to Kroger in my wife's car. Everything was fine but some jerk in an F350 nearly killed me and a couple other people because he thinks 4WD will let him drive at 40mph and turn on a dime.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
      Tried to go down the street to get some food started sliding like crazy, way worse than yesterday night
      No kidding, I needed to run to my parent's house to grab a couple things for a project. I backed out a few feet and then slid the rest of the way into the street. Had I not just bough kitty litter (because finding tire chains in Texas is impossible) the truck would still be in the street.

I hate being stuck at home ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
        No kidding, I needed to run to my parent's house to grab a couple things for a project. I backed out a few feet and then slid the rest of the way into the street. Had I not just bough kitty litter (because finding tire chains in Texas is impossible) the truck would still be in the street.

I hate being stuck at home ...
        Same here, since wednesday I've been home. Starting to get like Jack Nicholson from The Shining! LoL

I actually bought some tire chains online today for next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
          Same here, since wednesday I've been home. Starting to get like Jack Nicholson from The Shining! LoL

I know the feeling.

I keep looking at tire chains, but can't decide which ones I want.

Comment

Are they still legal someone told me texas doesn't allow them I believe everything I hear though

Comment

• Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
              Are they still legal someone told me texas doesn't allow them I believe everything I hear though
              I checked before I bought mine, they are legal in Texas.

Comment

I checked before I bought mine, they are legal in Texas.
                All the 5-ohs use them around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  The post office delivery guy had them on his van today, that's what got me! LoL

Comment

• Shit the mailman hasn't been by here in 2 days. So much for that guaranteed delivery service.
                    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.
                    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

• heck ups and fedex are at a standstill had a package in mequite for 5 days now

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
                        I'm camping by myself at Loyd Park. Got a tent, but won't head in there for a while. I'm the only person in the whole park tent camping. There are maybe 10 RVs here, but nowhere near me. It's awesome.
                        You sir are officially crazy! What type of tent and sleeping bag are you using? Last time I went camping I was pretty warm but there wasn't ice on the ground either Stay warm and safe Jared. I'll have to check FB for pics.

Comment

• Whoever lives at the end of my street unilaterally decided the street was too dangerous and put a POP UP STOP SIGN at the entrance of the street, then parked 2 trucks blocking the entrance.

Wondering if I should call non-emergency and have them tell the neighbor to go fuck themselves. I've been driving in this shit all day and it's not bad at all on i35/121/161

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            All the 5.0s are in the garage. That's what Jeeps are for!
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
                              Whoever lives at the end of my street unilaterally decided the street was too dangerous and put a POP UP STOP SIGN at the entrance of the street, then parked 2 trucks blocking the entrance.

Wondering if I should call non-emergency and have them tell the neighbor to go fuck themselves. I've been driving in this shit all day and it's not bad at all on i35/121/161
                              do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                                Chuckacosta? Damn, that sucks.
                                Ya! Don't know if he ever posted here but according to FaceBook it took him 23 hours to get here from El Paso. Not sure how long he was stuck in that spot but glad he made it to Dallas safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X