Cold weather, Ice, Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    Flew out on Thursday so I missed it, but it's 3am and I'm lonely while on an hour hold with AA trying to figure out how to get home after my canceled flight...
    You might not get back until Tuesday afternoon.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Total time stranded in traffic 23 hours... 11 in weatherford and 12 in west fort worth. Luckily I'm in a big truck so I've idled the whole time.
      Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        Flew out on Thursday so I missed it, but it's 3am and I'm lonely while on an hour hold with AA trying to figure out how to get home after my canceled flight...
        Suddenly, Planes Trains and Automobiles comes to mind.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Wow. Just went outside and aside from some intermittent air traffic it is DEAD SILENT. No I30 noise at all, no birds, nothing. I could literally hear someone drive over the Davis Bridge from my house and tell that that was what the noise was coming from. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
            Whoever lives at the end of my street unilaterally decided the street was too dangerous and put a POP UP STOP SIGN at the entrance of the street, then parked 2 trucks blocking the entrance.

Wondering if I should call non-emergency and have them tell the neighbor to go fuck themselves. I've been driving in this shit all day and it's not bad at all on i35/121/161

I would call on them. What a fucking idiot.

Comment

• Fort Worth Police ‏@fortworthpd
              *ROAD CLOSURES*
              At 6:30 am, the Ice Task Force will simultaneously work on:
              I-20
              I-30 east/west
              I-35
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• I just got some pictures from the wife. WOW, solid ice from the front door of the house, across the ditch, across the street and all the way to neighbors door. Looks like a lot of fun.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  I just got some pictures from the wife. WOW, solid ice from the front door of the house, across the ditch, across the street and all the way to neighbors door. Looks like a lot of fun.
                  Yup, its bad up here in Collin County too, only one road (rut) in the middle of the streets that are passable. All the small bridges up here are frozen solid. I guess they are only sanding the major hwys and bridges. I've had to take my boy to work in the Fusion the last three days. 45 mins each way and its usually only a 20 minute drive.
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Anyone been out White Settlement Road towards Aledo?

What about Camp Bowie west?

Comment

• The fam and I tooled around Benbrook yesterday, to my in-laws to sled on the golf course and to wally world for some supplies. I've never seen ice so bad, but the wife's AWD Edge handled it with ease. Any car I've ever had would have been screwed (RWD), but I have a new appreciation for this bad ass mom-mobile.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        The fam and I tooled around Benbrook yesterday, to my in-laws to sled on the golf course and to wally world for some supplies. I've never seen ice so bad, but the wife's AWD Edge handled it with ease. Any car I've ever had would have been screwed (RWD), but I have a new appreciation for this bad ass mom-mobile.
                        Ya, I miss the Jaguar X-type on days like these.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          Any car I've ever had would have been screwed (RWD), but I have a new appreciation for this bad ass mom-mobile.
                          Yup, four cars and only the Fusion has FWD, so it was sweet that we could rely on that car to get us around or else we would be stuck like chuck. Not that we needed to go out, we stocked up on food and shit.

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          Ya, I miss the Jaguar X-type on days like these.
                          My buddy Nick had one, he loved that car. I almost bought one too, but I bought that MKZ instead. He had a bright red one with the oyster (white-ish) interior. Some dizzy bitch ran a light at Plano pkw & Preston and totaled it out.

Comment

• Southwest ft worth still loaded with ice. My G35 cant even move from the spot it sits in.

Comment

• I absolutely had to run to the convenience store for a couple of things. It took me nearly 20 minutes to go one mile. And work is wanting me to come open the store to make maybe $200 in sales over the course of 7 hours? Not. fucking. happening.
                              6 hour round trip to be there for 7 hours?
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                                And work is wanting me to come open the store to make maybe $200 in sales over the course of 7 hours? Not. fucking. happening.
                                6 hour round trip to be there for 7 hours?
                                I doubt you can make even that much. No one is going out tomorrow, with all the melting and re-freezing its probably going to be worse tomorrow. We need that Texas sun to come out for a few hours to melt this ice away.

Comment

Working...
                                X