Cold weather, Ice, Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phaux View Post
    Coming back from Houston to Arlington in a few hours. Left on Friday at noon and it wasn't too bad. How bad is it now? Coming up 45 to 20, then west to Bowen. Any highways shut down or to completely avoid?
    Last I heard 20 was shut down. People have been stranded there for 26 hours.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

• Made the long walk to the nearest 7-11 for beer much easier.

Comment

• File a patent

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          How in the hell do you work in anything "field" and not have 4wd?
          depends on the company I remember getting 30 f250 4x4 stripped with rubber interior ready for haliburton @ 2009 when working for a dealership.

Comment

• Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
            File a patent
            Golf Spikes already exist.

Comment

Golf Spikes already exist.
              And track spikes...and high jump shoes...

Comment

• Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                File a patent
                Probably only new to us Texans.

Comment

• Yep, plus they have specific "ice shoes"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                    Trying to decide on a route to get someone to work from White Settlement Road past Chapel Creek to downtown Fort Worth at 6am tomorrow. We had planned to get out this afternoon to test the roads. Just waiting until the temp comes up so I can get a better idea of what it might be like in the morning.
                    You should be fine to check it out now. The sun is doing a number on all the ruts. All of the major roads are down to the asphalt, and won't be too bad if there isn't any precip tonight. Even I-30 looks good right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                      You should be fine to check it out now. The sun is doing a number on all the ruts. All of the major roads are down to the asphalt, and won't be too bad if there isn't any precip tonight. Even I-30 looks good right now.
                      We are planning to get out in an hour or two. That should give the roads a little more time to thaw out a bit and give us time to get back home before the freeze back over.

Of course it depends on who you trust. Local news says 2-5 hours above freezing and weather.com shows it should stay above freezing until 4am which is when I need to be out tomorrow morning...

Comment

Yep, plus they have specific "ice shoes"
                        I have a set of these Ice Trekkers, and they are great. Slip over any shoe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leah View Post
                          Last I heard 20 was shut down. People have been stranded there for 26 hours.
                          had a friend on facebook whose wife was driving back from somewhere out west with their kids and her parents and were stuck on 20 still west of weatherford. they all had to sleep in their car last night
                          --Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                            We are planning to get out in an hour or two. That should give the roads a little more time to thaw out a bit and give us time to get back home before the freeze back over.

Of course it depends on who you trust. Local news says 2-5 hours above freezing and weather.com shows it should stay above freezing until 4am which is when I need to be out tomorrow morning...
                            The only flaw I see with your plan is that I'm sure EVERYONE is itching to get out of the house, so the longer you wait, the more traffic there will be. Whatever you decide, be very careful through here- there have been tons of kids walking and riding 4-wheelers the last 3 days. Post up in the morning if you need any help. I'll be leaving work and have a 4x4.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                              The only flaw I see with your plan is that I'm sure EVERYONE is itching to get out of the house, so the longer you wait, the more traffic there will be. Whatever you decide, be very careful through here- there have been tons of kids walking and riding 4-wheelers the last 3 days. Post up in the morning if you need any help. I'll be leaving work and have a 4x4.
                              What part of the area are you in?

We are about 5 miles off west 820 near White Settlement Road.

Comment

• The corner of White Settlement Rd and Chapel Creek Rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X