No announcement yet.

Cold weather, Ice, Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what the bridges are like on EB I-20 east of 635?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
      I was disappointed that the George Bush tollway was still pretty iced up. You would think with as much money they make that would have the financial resources to address icing. Actually, I'm just bitching about having to pay to drive on a road that wasn't really any better then the other surrounding roads.
      I made my own lane, along with others, away from all the overly cautious drivers that were slowing down traffic.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Anyone get mail yet like usps. So far none today either what is this a week long holiday to show how usps can't handle any weather anymore?

Comment

• Got mail delivered yesterday and today.

Comment

• sad that it takes 4 days to clear roads and bridges in dfw. i think they have invested in maybe 5 plows for the entire metroplex

Comment

• I got a brookshires paper today in the mail. From Thursday to today that's all I got, really?
              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

• Im really cracking up at the comments I see from people up north. "they should get plows"

Well, on the way home from work Friday, I got to see 3 plow trucks pushing the ice pellets off the top of the solid ice underneath, and do nothing but scratch the surface of the ice on the streets and bridges. There's a reason they call them snow plows and not ice plows.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                  I got a brookshires paper today in the mail. From Thursday to today that's all I got, really?
                  least you got something

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    Im really cracking up at the comments I see from people up north. "they should get plows"

Well, on the way home from work Friday, I got to see 3 plow trucks pushing the ice pellets off the top of the solid ice underneath, and do nothing but scratch the surface of the ice on the streets and bridges. There's a reason they call them snow plows and not ice plows.
                    They don't just plow, they also pre-treat roads and spray brine water/sodium chloride for a base. We get ice too, and do fine when they treat it.

Comment

• Azle ISD is closed tomorrow! These damn kids are getting on my nerves lol
                      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

• Satellite image of the ice:
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• ^ That's cool. Gainesville, Sherman, and Denton were all hit pretty hard.
                          Originally posted by Buzzo
                          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            They don't just plow, they also pre-treat roads and spray brine water/sodium chloride for a base. We get ice too, and do fine when they treat it.
                            How well does that work when it washes of with the rain?
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                              ^ That's cool. Gainesville, Sherman, and Denton were all hit pretty hard.
                              I measured 2-3" thick slabs when I was breaking the ice on my driveway today. The two mile stretch to get to the main road had melted in some spots. Unfortunately, most of it is shaded, so those were/are still solid ice. Main roads about Sherman are fine, though. Got to replenish the groceries!

Can't wait for the "I survived North Texas Ice Storm 2013!" T-shirts...
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• The Bryant Irvin Rd. bridge has not been scraped and sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X